Murudeshwar is categorised as Beachside / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Murudeshwar is a beach getaway visited for Murudeshwara Temple (Shiva Temple) situated right on the Murudeshwar Beach (It has one of the tallest Shiva statues.
- Murudeshwar Temple is the most spectacular shore temples in India.
- Murudeshwar Beach is a 3 km long idyllic beach stretch and good for a walk and swim.
- Scuba Diving Destinations on Mainland India"Netrani Island or Pigeon Island off Murudeshwar offer excellent Scuba diving sites. Many varieties of coral, butterfly fish, trigger fish, parrot fish, eels and shrimps can be seen here. Island is suitable for professional diving."
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Coastal Karnataka"Murudeshwar (100 kms North of Udupi) is home to an ancient Lord Shiva Temple. The temple is characterised by one of the tallest Lord Shiva statue set on a rock face overlooking Arabian sea. Murudeshwar is visited as part of Coastal Karnataka pilgrimage / holiday itinerary."
- Stopover Destinations on Goa - Mangalore highway"Murudeshwar is a renowned beach destination and a pilgrimage. It is also a popular overnight stopover on Goa - Mangalore route."
- Idyllic Beach Destinations in Coastal Karnataka"Murudeshwar (100 kms north of Udupi) offers idyllic beaches, watersports overlooking the renowned Lord Shiva Temple. Murudeshwar is a mid-way on Goa - Mangalore route and therefore is a preferred stopover for driving itineraries on this route."
- Nearest Airport -Mangalore (163 kms), Hubli (205 kms), Dabolim (215 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Murudeshwar
- Murudeshwar is an Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Panjim / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Kolhapur / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Bangalore Getaway
- Murudeshwar is connected by Day train with Mumbai, Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Murudeshwar is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, Cochin (Ernakulam), Pune, Bangalore, Ahmedabad
- Murudeshwar is connected by Overnight Bus with Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore
Murudeshwar has 5 Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Murudeshwar Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Murudeshwar
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Coastal Karnataka Pilgrim Getaway (3 Nights)
- Coastal Karnataka Pilgrimage (4 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak
to our travel planners.
Murudeshwar has 3 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Murudeshwar and Kollur Temples day visit and back||Rs. 5280|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Mangalore and Drop to Murudeshwar||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Udupi and Drop to Murudeshwar||Rs. 2934|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
7 Travel Ideas listed for Murudeshwar. Click here for reviewing them.
- Holiday Ideas Goa plus Something else
- Karnataka in Monsoon
- Mookambika Temple Kollur Pilgrimage
- Murudeshwar Getaway
- Murudeshwar Pilgrimage
- Off-beat getaways in Coastal Karnataka
- Temples in coastal Karnataka
For expert insights and recommendations - email to firstname.lastname@example.org