Mathura is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Mathura is the birthplace of Lord Krishna.
- Vridavan (16 kms) near Mathura is where Lord Krishna grew up and where the town today is a large pilgrim town.
- Mathura wears a typical pilgrim town character. The area comes alive during Janmashtami in August and Holi Festival (March) in nearby Barsana.
- Janmashtami and Holi are celebrated in a extended version with much fan fare.
- Mathura area and the road that leads to Delhi today home to a lot of private colleges.
- Major Hindu Pilgrimages in Uttar Pradesh"Mathura is a major pilgrimage centre for Lord Krishna Devotees for being the Birthplace of Lord Krishna. Vrindavan is about 15 kms from Mathura Station and is a place of Krishna worship and has as many as 4,000 temples in number and associated with the life of Lord Krishna. Mathura - Vrindavan is a standalone pilgrimage and also an ex-Delhi Pilgrim getaway."
- Popular Pilgrimages ex-Delhi"Mathura is a renowned Lord Krishna Pilgrimage at 150 kms from New Delhi and a popularly day visited or with overnight stay over weekends. "
- Lord Krishna Pilgrimages in India"Mathura is the birthplace of Lord Krishna at the centre of Braj or Brij-bhoomi, called Shri Krishna Janma-Bhoomi. Mathura and Vridavan nearby hosts hundreds of temples dedicated to the worship of Radha and Krishna which are visited by devotees all round the year"
- Nearest Airport -Agra (60 kms), New Delhi (150 kms), Ghaziabad (175 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Mathura
- Mathura is an Ex-Agra / Ex-Faridabad / Ex-Gurgaon / Ex-Noida / Ex-New Delhi / Ex-Gwalior / Ex-Jaipur / Ex-Kanpur / Ex-Dehradun / Ex-Lucknow / Ex-Chandigarh / Ex-Kota / Ex-Ludhiana / Ex-Allahabad / Ex-Jalandhar / Ex-Jodhpur Getaway
- Mathura is connected by Day train with New Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Jaipur
- Mathura is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Mathura is connected by Day bus with New Delhi
- Mathura is connected by Overnight Bus with Lucknow
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Mathura Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Mathura
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Mathura has 5 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Full day Excursion to Mathura - Vrindavan from Agra||Rs. 3000|
|Jaipur to Mathura Day Visit and Back||Rs. 7067|
|New Delhi to Mathura Day Visit and Back||Rs. 6572|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Jaipur and Mathura||Rs. 4123|
|Pickup/Drop between New Delhi and Mathura||Rs. 6572|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Mathura. Click here for reviewing them.
- Fatehpur Experience
- Mathura Vrindavan Pilgrimage
Festivals linked to Mathura (Uttar Pradesh)
- Lath Mar Holi
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami
For expert insights and recommendations - email to