Masinagudi is categorised as Bird Watching / Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Masinagudi is a nature getaway located on Mysore-Ooty highway right next to Mudumalai Wildlife sanctuary.
- Masinagudi is a hilly terrain Western Ghats, clothed in dense mixed and moist deciduous forests.
- Masinagudi located just on the border of Karnataka and Tamilnadu (Other side of the border being Bandipur National Park).
- Masinagudi is renowned for off-beat getaways offering nature centric stays.
- Guests to Masinagudi prefer to walk, trek and do bird watching around the area.
- Masinagudi is surrounded by forests that are rich in bird life. Birds comprise crested hawk eagle and the crested serpent eagle, hornbills, woodpeckers, red crest, mynas, owls, barbets and parakeets.
- Wildlife around Masinagudi comprise wild elephant, gaur, deer and primates like the bonnet macaque and langurs all inhabit the Park.
- Safaris in Masinagudi is not as organised as ones in neighboring Bandipur. So guests looking at Jeep safaris to have a chance of spotting a tiger must opt for Bandipur instead of Masinagudi
- Nature centric Destinations in Tamil Nadu offering Bird watching"Mudumalai (Masinagudi is where lodges and resorts are located) is a prime bird watching are in Nilgiris (Tamilnadu) at 32 kms from Ooty. The area of the Nilgiris is home to over 320 species of birds, both migratory as well as resident. Regional endemics include Malabar trogon and Malabar grey hornbill. Predatory birds include the crested hawk-eagle and the crested serpent eagle. It also holds an isolated southern population of the Striped Tit-babbler. "
- Nearest Airport -Mysore (97 kms), Coimbatore (115 kms), Calicut (132 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Ooty (32 kms), Coonoor (57 kms), Chamarajanagar (75 kms)
- Masinagudi is an Ex-Mysore / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Kollam / Ex-Chennai / Ex-Hubli Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Masinagudi Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
5 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Masinagudi
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||4|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Ooty with Masinagudi Getaway (3 Nights)
- Coonoor - Masinagudi Break (6 Nights)
- Kodai - Ooty with Masinagudi (5 Nights)
- Ooty - Mysore with Masinagudi (5 Nights)
- Wayanad Mudumalai Off-beat Break (4 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Masinagudi has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Transfer between Coimbatore and Masinagudi||Rs. 5556|
|Transfers between Ooty and Masinagudi||Rs. 1667|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Masinagudi. Click here for reviewing them.
- Mudumalai Bird Watching Getaway
- Mudumalai Getaway
- De Rock Jungle Living Masinagudi Getaway
- Jungle Retreat / Jungle Hut Masinagudi Getaways
- Masinagudi No frill Getaways
For expert insights and recommendations - email to