Mandi is categorised as Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- Mandi is the gateway to the Kullu Valley and a point where road from Palampur / Dharamsala area and Chandigarh / Bilaspur area meet with the Road to Kullu Valley.
- Mandi, which has a distinguished history and interesting architecture. It is also called "Chhota Kashi" as there are many ancient temples in the city and on the banks of river Beas.
- Popular hill station of Manali is just 110 kms away and so Mandi is an important stopover before guests moving at hilly areas
- Mandi is a base point to visit holy lakes of Prashar Lake and Rewalsar Lake.
- Major Sikh Pilgrimage Destinations in India"Sikh Guru Gobind Singh (22 December 1666 – 7 October 1708), the tenth Guru of Sikhism, also resided at Rewalsar Lake (45 kms from Mandi) for one month and therefore sacred to Sikhs"
- Significant Pilgrimages in Kullu Valley"Mandi (200 kms from Chandigarh and 110 kms from Manali). Mandi is base point to visit Prashar Lake (45 kms) and Rewalsar Lake (24 kms). These are lakes are significant for Hinduism, Tibetan Buddhism and Sikhism as Hindu Sages, Tibetan Guru Padmasambhava and Sikh Guru Gobind Singh lived here for some periods of their lives. Besides the lakes, there are temples, Monastery and Gurdwara to visit here."
- Destinations for Transit stay on Delhi - Manali route"Mandi (110 kms short of Manali and about 200 kms from Chandigarh) on NH-21 is a riverside town and the most popular stopover on the Chandigarh-Manali Highway. Its just before one takes upward climb to hill station of Manali. "
- Transit Destinations on Katra - Manali Route"A stopover enroute to Manali at 400 kms from Katra. Mandi is a popular stopover for Manali as after Mandi hilly terrain starts and its just 110 kms short of Manali, so guests can stopover for the night and then reach Manali by noon. "
- Nearest Airport -Kullu (70 kms), Dharamsala (130 kms), Shimla (155 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Anandpur Sahib (138 kms), Una (140 kms), Shimla (155 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Mandi Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Mandi
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Extended Manali Getaway (6 Nights)
- Tirthan Valley Adventure Getaway (4 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Mandi has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Dharamsala and drop to Mandi||Rs. 3556|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Mandi. Click here for reviewing them.
- Mandi Pilgrimage
- Transit Stop at Mandi
For expert insights and recommendations - email to