Mahabaleshwar is categorised as Hill Station
Reasons to Visit
- Mahabaleshwar is the larqest hill-station (4000+ ft asl) of Maharashtra.
- Mahabaleshwar is popular with getaway seekers especially from Mumbai and Pune.
- Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani (20 kms) are twin destinations known for its heritage bungalows, getaway resorts, strawberry cultivation and number of view points and recreation activities
- Mahabaleshwar is very- crowded during weekends and holiday periods such as Christmas, Diwali and Summer Holidays.
- Popular Hill Stations of India"Mahabaleshwar (4000+ ft asl) is a hill station in Maharashtra in Western India renowned for its strawberries in Winter and is a popular hill station that offers view points, horse riding, boating, go karting and excursions"
- Hill Stations in West and Central India"Mahabaleshwar (4500 ft asl) is a renowned Hill station alongwith Panchgani (20 kms). Mahabaleshwar is a popular ex-Pune (120 kms) / Mumbai (250 kms) Getaway. Mahabaleshwar is characterised by a lake, horse riding, hotels / bungalows and valley views with many view points. The region is renowned for its Strawberry plantations and its been a destination where traditional travellers have arrived for a long stay in Summer. Mahabaleshwar now is a well visited destination all through the year."
- Destinations in Maharashtra to Consider for a Holiday Traveller"Mahabaleshwar (4500 ft asl) (180 kms from Lonavala and 120 kms from Pune) is a hill station offering activities, valley facing stay, strawberry farms, view points and adventure activities (Paragliding, watersports, horseriding, gokarting etc). Mahabaleshwar remains an all-season popular hill station for holiday travellers."
- Getaway Destinations within 100-250 kms from Pune"Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar are twin destinations at 100-120 kms from Pune and visited for its salubrious climate all round the year, its bungalows / homestays, premium holiday resorts and a range of activities and sightseeing options for getaway seekers and holiday travellers."
- Popular Honeymoon Destinations in Maharashtra"Mahabaleshwar (4500 ft asl) is the most popular honeymoon destination in Maharashtra because of its ease of access (Volvo buses operate regularly for Mahabaleshwar). Some Hotels here offer round beds, masala milk in their packages to attract honeymooners."
- Top Monsoon Getaways in Maharashtra"Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar (3500-4500 ft asl) - 100 / 120 kms from Pune, popular twin destinations of Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar turn themselves into monsoon getaways. Mist, waterfalls and green carpet-like greenery attract day tourists from Pune for a drive and bungalows around here become favorite family traveller getaways."
- Nearest Airport -Pune (120 kms), Kolhapur (186 kms), Mumbai (260 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Satara (54 kms), Mahad (60 kms), Khed (80 kms)
- Mahabaleshwar is an Ex-Pune / Ex-Kolhapur / Ex-Navi Mumbai / Ex-Thane / Ex-Mumbai / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Aurangabad / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Panjim / Ex-Valsad / Ex-Surat Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
|Adventure / Camp||2|
For Reviewing all Mahabaleshwar Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
6 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Mahabaleshwar
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||3|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||3|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Mahabaleshwar Break with IMAGICA (3 Nights)
- Mahabaleshwar Extended Getaway (3 Nights)
- Mahabaleshwar Getaway (2 Nights)
- Kashid Chiplun Break with Mahabaleshwar (6 Nights)
- Matheran - Mahabaleshwar Break (5 Nights)
- Matheran - Mahabaleshwar Break with Della and IMAGICA (6 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Mahabaleshwar has 15 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day Sightseeing for Panchgani and back||Rs. 2778|
|Day Sightseeing in Mahabaleshwar and back||Rs. 2778|
|Day visit Mahabaleshwar to Tapola and back||Rs. 1556|
|Mahabaleshwar to Dhom Dam and Maha Ganpati Temple Wai Visit and back||Rs. 1778|
|Mahabaleshwar to Mandhardevi temple visit back||Rs. 2778|
|Mahabaleshwar to Pratapgadh visit back||Rs. 1445|
|Panchgani to Pratapgadh visit back||Rs. 2334|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Matheran and Drop to Mahabaleshwar||Rs. 7000|
|Pickup from Pune and Drop to Mahabaleshwar||Rs. 3889|
|Pickup/Drop between Central Mumbai and Mahabaleshwar||-|
|Pickup/Drop between Mumbai Western Suburbs and Mahabaleshwar||Rs. 8214|
|Pickup/Drop between Navi Mumbai and Mahabaleshwar||Rs. 5667|
|Pickup/Drop between South Mumbai and Mahabaleshwar||Rs. 9387|
|Pickup/Drop between Thane and Mahabaleshwar||Rs. 9623|
|Transfer between Lonavala and Mahabaleshwar||Rs. 5000|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
7 Travel Ideas listed for Mahabaleshwar. Click here for reviewing them.
- Horse Riding in Mahabaleshwar
- Mahabaleshwar / Panchgani in Monsoon
- Mahabaleshwar/Panchgani Experience
- Monsoon Getaways of Maharashtra
- Strawberry Farm visit in Mahabaleshwar
- Keys Evershine Resort – A hillside luxury resort
Festivals linked to Mahabaleshwar (Maharashtra)
- Mapro Strawberry Festival - Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani
For expert insights and recommendations - email to