Lonar is categorised as Heritage
Reasons to Visit
- Lonar is a crater situated at 120 kms from Aurangabad.
- Crater was first discovered in 1823. Lonar is the world's third largest crater.
- Lonar has its genesis nearly 50,000 years ago, when a 2 million-ton meteorite impacted the earth to create a depression 1.83 kilometers in diameter and 150 meters deep.
- Lonar attracts casual tourists as well as members of the scientific community from across the world.
- Lonar crater is home to hundreds of peafowl, chinkara and gazelles, which browse amongst the shrubs and bushes ringing the lake.
- Lonar area is home to many birds. Egrets, moor hens, herons, coots, white-necked storks, lapwings, grey wagtails, grebes, black droungos, green bee-eaters, tailorbirds, magpies and robins are sighted around Lonar.
- Lonar area is home to many temples of local significance and having some heritage character.
- Major Heritage Destinations of Maharashtra"The Lonar crater (130+ kms from Aurangabad) is the world's only salt water lake in basaltic rock, believed to have been caused by a meteorite hitting Earth around 50000 years ago. Lonar is home to many heritage structures, temples and the area is good for bird watching."
- Nearest Airport -Aurangabad (136 kms), Nanded (190 kms), Jalgaon (210 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Hingoli (107 kms), Akola (132 kms), Aurangabad (136 kms)
- Lonar is an Ex-Aurangabad / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Nagpur / Ex-Pune / Ex-Indore / Ex-Hyderabad / Ex-Thane / Ex-Valsad / Ex-Navi Mumbai / Ex-Mumbai Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
There are no Holiday found for Lonar
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Lonar has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Aurangabad to Lonar Day visit and back||Rs. 4773|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Lonar. Click here for reviewing them.
- Aurangabad Heritage Getaway
- Lonar Crater
For expert insights and recommendations - email to