Lachen is categorised as Remote Himalayas
Reasons to Visit
- Lachen (8500 ft asl) commands a panoramic view of the Himalayan Mountains.
- Lachen town forms the base to the Chopta Valley and Gurudongmar Lake.
- An annual yak race, the Thangu is held here at Lachen in summer.
- Lachen is typically visited with Lachung as a part of meals and transport inclusive package ex-Gangtok
- Permit: Inner line Permit to be obtained in advance for visiting Lachen Roads from Gangtok to Lachun / Lachen are generally very rough.
- Remote Destinations offering exceptional Himalayan Views"Lachen (9000 ft asl) in North Sikkim is located in 120 kms (5 hours) from Gangtok. Areas around Lachung is most remote and is renowned for its exceptional Himalayan views. Lachen is visited alongwith Lachung."
- Nearest Airport -Gangtok (112 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Darjeeling (172 kms), Siliguri (189 kms)
- Lachen is an Ex-Siliguri Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Lachen Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Lachen
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Lachen. Click here for reviewing them.
- Monasteries of North Sikkim
- North Sikkim experience
For expert insights and recommendations - email to