Kushinagar is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Kushinagar is a small dusty town in the eastern part of Uttar Pradesh where the Buddha is reputed to have breathed his last.
- Kushinagar was an important center under Mauryan King Ashoka, a great Buddhist follower.
- Most of the religious structures here at Kushinagar were constructed between 3rd century BC and 5th century AD.
- Kushinagar remained lost in the jungles and was unknown to the world till 19th century when the British rediscovered it in 1880.
- Pilgrims travel in large numbers here to see, the remains of brick cremation stupa, and the large, reclining Buddha figure in the Mahaparinirvana Temple and other monasteries.
- Buddhist Heritage Destinations In India"Kushinagar was an important center under Mauryan King Ashoka, a great Buddhist follower. Kushinagar is now part of the buddhist circuit pilgrimage in Uttar Pradesh."
- Nearest Airport -Gorakhpur (54 kms), Lumbini (163 kms), Varanasi (223 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Gorakhpur (54 kms), Buxar (169 kms), Varanasi (223 kms)
- Kushinagar is an Ex-Allahabad / Ex-Lucknow / Ex-Kanpur Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kushinagar Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kushinagar
|Holiday (7 or more)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Buddhist Circuit Itinerary (8 Nights)
- Buddhist Circuit Itinerary with Delhi Stopover (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Kushinagar. Click here for reviewing them.
- Lumbini - Kushinagar Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to