Kurnool is categorised as Heritage / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Kurnool is a pilgrimage / heritage destination in Andhra Pradesh
- Alampur is a temple-town situated 27 kms from Kurnool and 200 km from Hyderabad.
- Alampur is where Tungabhadra and Krishna rivers meet and is referred to as Dakshina Kashi (also known as Navabrahmeshwara Theertha).
- Alampur Navabhrama Temples date back to the 7th century A.D are a set of nine temples dedicated to Lord Shiva and have architectural significance.
- Jogulamba Devi Temple situated at Alampur is considered to be one of the Shakti Peetha.
- Kurnool otherwise has many other attractions. Temples, Mosques etc.
- A Saibaba temple here that is older than the Saibaba temple at Shirdi.
- Several monuments worth visiting in Kurnool having some sort of Architectural significance such as a royal fort dating back to the medieval kingdom of Vijayanagar (14-16th Century), The Kondareddy Buruz, The Tomb of Abdul Wahab (AD 1618), Summer Palace of the Rulers of Kurnool etc.
- Shaktipeetha Temples in South India"Jogulamba Devi Temple situated at Alampur (27 kms from Kurnool) is considered to be one of the Shakti Peetha Temples. Kurnool is visited as a standalone pilgrimage or can be combined with Srisailam as pilgrim break."
- Significant Pilgrimages in Andhra Pradesh"Alampur (27 kms) is where Tungabhadra and Krishna rivers meet and is a holy site. known as Navabrahmeshwara Theertha. There are 7 Century AD Navabhrama Temples dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Jogulamba Devi Temple situated at Alampur is considered to be one of the Shakti Peetha. Kurnool therefore is a standalone pilgrimage and can be combined with Srisailam for a pilgrim break."
- Nearest Airport -Hyderabad (214 kms), Hospet (228 kms), Tirupati (340 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kurnool
- Kurnool is an Ex-Hyderabad / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Chennai / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Kolhapur Getaway
- Kurnool is connected by Day train with Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai
- Kurnool is connected by Overnight train with Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Jaipur, New Delhi, Cochin (Ernakulam), Ahmedabad, Lucknow
- Kurnool is connected by Day bus with Hyderabad, Bangalore
- Kurnool is connected by Overnight Bus with Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin (Ernakulam)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kurnool Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Kurnool
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Kurnool. Click here for reviewing them.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to