Kund is categorised as Remote Himalayas
Trek to Tunganath during Winter (Photo Courtesy: Vvnataraj)
Reasons to Visit
- Kund is a riverside area 20 kms Short of Guptkashi in the Mandakini Valley offering view of the snow clad Kedar peak that forms the backdrop of the Kedarnath temple.
- Number of other temples like Tungnath (the highest Shiva shrine), Madhyamaheshwar, Triyuginarayan, Guptkashi, Ukhimath, etc. can be approached from Kund.
- Chopta is accessible from Kund (1 hour).
- Chopta are meadows that offer amazing views of the Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. Chopta is rich in varied flora and fauna. Chopta is situated amidst thick forest of pine, deodar and rhododendrons. Chopta is also Commencement point to 3rd of Panch Kedar Tungnath and from here Chandrashila peak can be approached.
- Himalayan Destinations for Active Holidays in India"Kund (6300 ft asl) is a riverside area 20 kms Short of Guptkashi in the Mandakini Valley offering view of the snow clad Kedar peak. Kund is base point to approach Chopta and many short treks around the area. "
- Destinations on Chaar Dham Pilgrim Circuit of Uttarakhand"Kund (25 kms from Rudraprayag) lies on Rudraprayag - Guptkashi Route, 20 kms short of Guptkashi. Kund is also getway to Chopta valley and treks around the area and therefore opted for by adventure centric travellers visiting Kedarnath"
- Nearest Airport -Dehradun (216 kms), Ghaziabad (383 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Rishikesh (175 kms), Haridwar (195 kms), Dehradun (216 kms)
- Kund is an Ex-Dehradun Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
|Adventure / Camp||1|
For Reviewing all Kund Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
6 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kund
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||3|
|Holiday (7 or more)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Kund Extended Adventure Getaway (3 Nights)
- Kund - Jayalgarh - New Tehri adventure break (6 Nights)
- Kund - Jayalgarh - Rajaji Garhwal experience break (6 Nights)
- Kund - Jayalgarh Adventure Getaway (4 Nights)
- Active Himalayan Holiday (7 Nights)
- Garhwal Active Holiday Itinerary (7 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Kund has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Transfers between Haridwar and Kund||Rs. 9423|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Kund Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Kayaking in Kund||-|
|River Rafting in Kund||-|
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Cycling in Kund||-|
2 Travel Ideas listed for Kund. Click here for reviewing them.
- Chopta Valley Experience - Panch Kedar, Trekking, Bird watching
- Himalayan Eco Lodges Activity Oriented Group Getaways
For expert insights and recommendations - email to