Koyna is categorised as Lakeside / Adventure
Reasons to Visit
- Koyna (3200 ft) is located on off the Pune - Kolhapur Route.
- Koyna has a dam built and is a very scenic and idyllic area to visit for a getaway seeker and excellent option to arrive for bird watchers.
- Koyna is set around a lake formed by a dam on Koyna river.
- Koynanagar area is surrounded by a Wildlife Sanctuary whch is home to Panthers, Gaurs, Sloth Bears, Sambars, Barking Deers, Mouse Deers, Dholes, Gaint Squirrels, Otters, Common Langurs, Pythons and Cobras.
- Koyna ares is home to a variety of bird species such as Brown Capped Woodpecker, Goshawk, Long Tailed Nightjar and Fairy Bluebird etc
- Destinations offering Adventure Oriented Stays in Maharashtra"Koynanagar (180 kms from Pune) is home to many camps and activity centric stay options offering a range of activities in and around Koyna Lake and reserve forest."
- Getaway Destinations within 100-250 kms from Pune"Koyna is a renowned adventure centric getaway overlooking Koyna lake and a popular getaway for family and offbeat travellers"
- Top Monsoon Getaways in Maharashtra"Koynanagar (3000+ ft asl) is set on Koyna Dam and is renowned for its adventure centric stay options and nature centric experience. Koynanagar is a popular day visit option for guests from Pune during monsoon when the area comes alive with mist and waterfalls."
- Western Ghats Bird Watching Destinations in Maharashtra"Koynanagar is base point to visit the Koyna wildlife sanctuary which is home to a wide ranging birds. Recommended for day visits ex-Pune or Bird watching getaways."
- Nearest Airport -Kolhapur (129 kms), Pune (192 kms), Belgaum (212 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Chiplun (42 kms), Karad (60 kms), Satara (85 kms)
- Koyna is an Ex-Kolhapur / Ex-Pune / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Thane / Ex-Navi Mumbai / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Panjim / Ex-Mumbai / Ex-Aurangabad / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Valsad Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
|Adventure / Camp||1|
For Reviewing all Koyna Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Koyna
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Koyna. Click here for reviewing them.
- Koyna - Nature Centric Getaway ex-Pune
- Monsoon Getaways of Maharashtra
For expert insights and recommendations - email to