Kollam is categorised as Beachside / Pilgrimage / Backwaters / Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- Kollam is the second most commercially active town in Kerala after Cochin and known for Cashew Plantations and Coir Manufacturing.
- Kollam is also part of National Waterways that start from Cochin and therefore an important point on the route.
- Kollam is a significant base town for accessing Temples and churches in the area
- Kollam is the base point for accessing nearby destinations of Ashtamudi Backwaters and Thenmala Ecotourism zone.
- Kollam is a business town and important stopover on a Kerala Itinerary.
- Kollam is base town for visiting Amritapuri Ashram
- Kollam was the only town in Kerala to be majorly affected during Dec 2004 Tsunamis.
- Beach and Backwater Destinations of India"Kollam is home to a beach and some beach front hotels. Few kilometers South of Kollam is North Paravur lake which is home to some exquisite lakeside resorts and wellness retreats. Ashtamudi just north of Kollam is a backwater cum lakeside destination."
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in and around South Kerala"The Mata Amritanandamayi Math is situated at Amritapuri (30 kms from Kollam). Mata Amritanandamayi is a renowned spiritual Guru and has devotees and following all over the world visiting all round the year."
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Kerala"Kollam Railway Station is access point for Kollam and lakeside getaway of Ashtamudi (10 kms) and South Paravoor (10 kms)."
- Beachside and Lakeside Destinations in Kerala for a Standalone Getaway"North Paravoor area just South of Kollam at about 70 kms North of Trivandrum is home to its own backwaters and lakeside resorts. The area is home to many premium getaway resorts such as Fragrant Nature that are recommended for Romantic Getaways."
- Nearest Airport -Trivandrum (65 kms), Cochin (Ernakulam) (155 kms), Tuticorin (206 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kollam
- Please click here for Road Getaways Ex-Kollam
- Kollam is connected by Day train with Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Kollam is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, New Delhi, Lucknow, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Kollam is connected by Day bus with Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Kollam is connected by Overnight Bus with Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin (Ernakulam)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kollam Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Kollam
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
8 Travel Ideas listed for Kollam. Click here for reviewing them.
- Amritapuri Visit
- Churches in and around Kollam
- Lake and Backwater Experience in Kerala
- Sabrimala Pilgrimage
- Temples in and around Kollam
- Ayurveda / Yoga / Meditation centric Stays in Kerala and South India
- Fragrant Nature Experience
Festivals linked to Kollam (Kerala)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to