Kolar is categorised as Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- Kolar is situated 75 kms east of Bangalore on the Bangalore - Tirupati route and known for India's first and most renowned gold fields.
- Kotilingeshwar Shiva Temple situated 6 kms from Gold frields, has the world's tallest Linga (108 ft). Devotees and tourists visit the temple all round the year.
- Mahashivratri is peak day for the Kotilingeshwar Shiva Temple when over hundred thousand pilgrims arrive here for darshan.
- Kolar is an ex-Bangalore getaway and a stopover on the Bangalore - Tirupati route
- Temples to Visit Enroute Tirupati"Kotilingeshwar Shiva Temple situated 6 kms from Kolar Gold frields. The temple has the tallest Shiva Linga (108 ft). Devotees and tourists visit the temple all round the year while travelling enroute Tirupati and ex-Bangalore (90 kms). "
- Transit Destinations on Chennai - Bangalore route"Kolar lies 60+ kms from Bangalore on the Chennai - Tirupati route and therefore a convenient luncheon stopover for travellers arriving from Chennai."
- Nearest Airport -Bangalore (66 kms), Tirupati (184 kms), Salem (210 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kolar
- Kolar is connected by Day train with Bangalore
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
There are no Holiday found for Kolar
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Kolar. Click here for reviewing them.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to