Kaza is categorised as Pilgrimage / Adventure / Remote Himalayas
Reasons to Visit
- Kaza is capital of the Spiti valley and its largest town.
- Kaza is characterised by Monasteries, villages, high altitude farming, a rugged / rocky terrain and rocky mountain slopes.
- Kaza offers spectacular snow peak views and a rugged desert like backdrop.
- Kaza has monasteries (Most notably Ki Monastery), world's highest petrol pump, World's highest inhabited villages and amazing high altitude views.
- One can trek around the area. Kaza lies on the Tibetan Plateau and one gets a feel of Tibet and Ladakh moving around the area.
- Kaza is the last point before one moves towards Manali and joins the legendary Manali-leh road enroute.
- Kunzumla pass journey enroute is considered an epic for bikers and self-drive adventure enthusiasts.
- Kaza home to only Petrol pump in the area and it happens to be worlds highest petrol pump The area around is a high altitude desert and the population share the same ethnicity with Tibet (China) and Ladakh (J&K) region. In winter temperature dip to upto minus forty and region still is able to grow high quality potatoes and apples in few months of the summer. Kaza is accessible during June-Sept period and remains inaccessible for tourists for rest of the year
- Destinations to visit for Tibetan Monasteries and Buddhist Heritage in India"Kaza (12000 ft asl) is a remote town in Spiti Valley and home to Ki Monastery. Key Monastery is said to have been founded during 1008-1064 CE period and one of the most ancient monasteries in Spiti Valley. "
- Offbeat Traveller Destinations around Manali"Kaza (12000 ft asl - 200 kms from Manali) in Spiti Valley is a rugged desert like terrain having some very significant Tibetan monasteries, world's highest inhabited villages and some spectacular view points around it. The drive is spectacular via Kunzum La Pass (15000+ ft asl) which is open June 10th onwards till end Sept. "
- Remote Destinations offering exceptional Himalayan Views"Kaza (12000 ft asl) in Spiti Valley is located 200 kms (10 hrs drive) from Manali and is renowned for high altitude ancient monasteries and a rugged landscape. Kaza also offers close range Himalayan views and some of the villages around offer a spectacular 270 degree Himalayan views. Kaza is Open during Mid-May to Mid-Oct"
- Significant Pilgrimages of Sangla-Kinnaur and Spiti Valley"Ki Monastery is set near Kaza at 13500+ ft asl overlooking Spiti River and is the biggest monastery of Spiti Valley and a religious training centre for Lamas. Ki Monastery (dated 1008-1064 CE) and monasteries around Kaza is of interest for any Inbound and experiential traveller with interest in Buddhism. Kaza is visited as ex-Manali Break or as part of Sangla - Kinnaur - Spiti Valley high Himalayan road trip."
- Nearest Airport -Kullu (240 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kaza Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kaza
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Manali with Spiti Valley (Kaza) (6 Nights)
- Manali with Spiti Valley (Kaza) and Chandertal Lake (6 Nights)
- Sangla Valley - Spiti Valley (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Kaza has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Car hire - Manali to Kaza (Spiti Valley) Drop via Kunzum La Pass||Rs. 10560|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Kaza. Click here for reviewing them.
- Adventure Getaways ex-Manali
- High Altitude Monasteries in and around Kaza
- Kaza Experience
- Kaza-Manali Driving Experience
- Spiti Rural Homestays
For expert insights and recommendations - email to