Katra is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Katra, is a small town an 1.5 hours from Jammu situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains, where the holy shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi is situated.
- Katra serves as the base camp for pilgrims who visit Vaishno Devi. It is home to plenty of hotels, guesthouses, restaurants, dhabas, fast-food outlets etc.
- Vaishnodevi is one of the three most visited temples in India.
- Katra is a one of the most visited pilgrimage getaway and gets visitors from all over all round the year.
- Devi Temples and Pilgrimages in North India"Vaishnodevi is second most visited temple in India and is accessible via a 13 kms walk or pony ride or palanquin ride from base town Katra (50 kms from Jammu). Vaishnodevi is most significant pilgrimage for devotees from all over India and is considered one of the Shakti Peetha Temples"
- Significant Pilgrimages in Jammu region"Vaishnodevi is one of the most visited Pilgrimages in India. Its also one of the most organised and one of the 51 Shakti Peetha Temples. Katra is base town from where devotees are required to take 13 km uphil hike (or a palanquin or a horseback). Katra is a popular pilgrim getaway in North India."
- Shaktipeetha Temples in North India"Vaishnodevi is a major pilgrimage destination and is widely regarded as one of the Shakti Peetha Temples. Vaishnodevi is visited via base town Katra from where pilgrims are required to take a 13 kms hike (or Palanquin ride or horseback ride). Vaishnodevi is a renowned pilgrim getaway and visited alongwith Kangra Valley Temples as part of Devi Pilgrimage itinerary."
- Popular Pilgrimages ex-Delhi"Katra serves as the base camp for pilgrims who visit Vaishno Devi, one of the most visited pilgrimages in India. Katra is a renowned pilgrim getaway (accessible via train / flight via Jammu or direct to Katra) for travellers from New Delhi."
- Nearest Airport -Jammu (50 kms), Pathankot (154 kms), Dharamsala (235 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Katra
- Katra is an Ex-Jammu / Ex-Amritsar / Ex-Jalandhar / Ex-Srinagar / Ex-Ludhiana / Ex-Chandigarh Getaway
- Katra is connected by Day train with Chandigarh, New Delhi
- Katra is connected by Overnight train with Chandigarh, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Jaipur, Cochin (Ernakulam), Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad
- Katra is connected by Day bus with Chandigarh, New Delhi
- Katra is connected by Overnight Bus with Chandigarh, New Delhi
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Katra Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
12 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Katra
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||2|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||3|
|Holiday (7 or more)||7|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Katra Getaway (2 Nights)
- Katra Getaway with Shivkhori (3 Nights)
- Amarnath Yatra with Vaishnodevi (6 Nights)
- Devi Temples of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu region (5 Nights)
- Katra - Patnitop break (4 Nights)
- 9 Devi Temples of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu region (7 Nights)
- Best of Kashmir with Vaishnodevi (8 Nights)
- Dalhousie - Dharamsala with Golden Temple and Vaishnodevi (8 Nights)
- Dalhousie - Katra - Patnitop Break (7 Nights)
- Kashmir Break with Vaishnodevi Extension (7 Nights)
- Kashmir with Vaishnodevi (9 Nights)
- Pilgrimage Itinerary- HP Temples and Gurudwaras - Jammu - Vaishnodevi - Golden Temple (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Katra has 3 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Car hire - Manali to Katra drop||Rs. 12966|
|Pickup from Dharamsala and drop to Katra||Rs. 5556|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Jammu and Katra||Rs. 2917|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Katra Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Vaishnodevi Helidarshan - Two way||Rs. 6112|
|Vaishnodevi Helidarshan One-way||Rs. 3334|
2 Travel Ideas listed for Katra. Click here for reviewing them.
- Nau Deviyan Pilgrimage Circuit of North India
- Vaishnodevi Darshan
For expert insights and recommendations - email to