Karwar is categorised as Beachside / Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Karwar is a seaside coastal town situated at the point where the Kali River meets Arabian Sea.
- Karwar lies 15 kilometers South of the Goa - Karnataka border.
- Karwar has a good stretch of idyllic beaches and offers stay on two islands located just off its coast i.e. Kurumgad and Devbagh.
- Karwar has a strong naval base and has few resorts overlooking either the coast or River Kali.
- Karwar is visited as an idyllic beach getaway
- Scuba Diving Destinations on Mainland India"Islands around coastline off Karwar are good dive sites having a visibility that is good for beginners and those who would like to do it as one off activity. Dive sites are within easy reach off the Devbagh resort by speedboat "
- Beach and Backwater Destinations of India"Karwar (80 kms from Dabolim Airport) is home to some Island like resorts, idyllic beaches and a riverside area formed by Kali River meeting Arabian sea. Dolphin rides, watersports and many activities are conducted here for getaway seekers."
- Stopover Destinations on Goa - Mangalore highway"Karwar (100 kms from Panjim) is an offbeat beach getaway and popular Luncheon stopover on Goa - Mangalore route."
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Karnataka"Karwar Railway Station is a popular access point for beach getaways of Karwar, Ankola and Gokarna."
- Idyllic Beach Destinations in Coastal Karnataka"Karwar lies on the Nothern tip of Coastal Karnataka and renowned for Island type beach resort (Devbagh and Kurumgad) that are excellent for offbeat travellers. Karwar offers boat rides in Kali River, watersports and idyllic beaches that are good for a walk and swim."
- Nearest Airport -Dabolim (98 kms), Hubli (167 kms), Belgaum (185 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Karwar
- Karwar is an Ex-Panjim / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Kolhapur / Ex-Pune / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Mysore Getaway
- Karwar is connected by Day train with Bangalore
- Karwar is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Cochin (Ernakulam), Mumbai, Pune, Jaipur, Bangalore
- Karwar is connected by Overnight Bus with Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
|Adventure / Camp||1|
For Reviewing all Karwar Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Karwar
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Karwar Beach Getaway (2 Nights)
- Dandeli - Karwar Break (4 Nights)
- Dandeli - Karwar Break with Wildernest (6 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Karwar has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Airport Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Dabolim Airport and Karwar||Rs. 3334|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Madgaon Railway Station and Karwar||Rs. 2582|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Karwar. Click here for reviewing them.
- Holiday Ideas Goa plus Something else
- Karnataka in Monsoon
- Off-beat getaways in Coastal Karnataka
For expert insights and recommendations - email to