Karauli is categorised as Heritage / Pilgrimage / Bird Watching
Shri Mahaveerji - Photo Courtesy SR Jain
Reasons to Visit
- Karauli lies between Agra and Ranthambhore and therefore a stopover on this route.
- Guests looking for experiential stays visit Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary, enjoy river rides and bird watching.
- Karauli is a base point to visit Shri Mahavirji temple (20 kms) and Kailadevi Temple (23 kms).
- Shri Mahaveerji is where an idol of Mahaveer was excavated 200 years ago and a temple was constructed here. Shri Mahaveerji is a major Jain Pilgrimage centre and well visited all through the year.
- Kailadevi Temple, 23 kms from Karauli is known for the fair held in the Hindu Calendar month of Chaitra.
- 40 km from Karauli is Mehandipur Bajaji Temple, a Hanuman temple, an important regional pilgrimage centre.
- Karauli is a popular ex-Delhi getaway and can be visited on Agra – Ranthambhore route
- Significant Pilgrimages in and around Jaipur and Shekhavati area"Shri Mahaveerji (130 kms from Jaipur near Karauli) is where an idol of Mahaveer was excavated 200 years ago and a temple was constructed here. This is a major Jain Pilgrimage centre and well visited all through the year."
- Significant Jain Pilgrimages in North, West and Central Rajasthan"Shri Mahaveerji near Karauli is where an idol of Mahaveer was excavated 200 years ago and a temple was constructed here. This is a major Jain Pilgrimage centre and well visited all through the year."
- Heritage Getaways on Agra - Bharatpur - Ranthambhore route"A heritage getaway set in heart of Rajasthan countryside town at Karauli offering an offbeat heritage stay. Recommended for offbeat travellers for a getaway."
- Nearest Airport -Jaipur (154 kms), Agra (160 kms), Gwalior (170 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Hindaun City (30 kms), Gangapur City (31 kms), Dholpur (107 kms)
- Karauli is an Ex-Jaipur / Ex-Agra / Ex-Gwalior / Ex-Kota / Ex-Faridabad / Ex-Gurgaon / Ex-Noida / Ex-New Delhi / Ex-Kanpur / Ex-Lucknow / Ex-Jodhpur / Ex-Chandigarh / Ex-Allahabad Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
|Adventure / Camp||1|
For Reviewing all Karauli Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Karauli
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Karauli. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird Watching in Karauli
- Karauli Getaway
- Karauli Pilgrimage
Festivals linked to Karauli (Rajasthan)
- Kailadevi Fair
- Mahaveerji Festival
For expert insights and recommendations - email to