Kannur is categorised as Heritage / Beachside
Reasons to Visit
- Kannur is a busy town in North Kerala and one of the important regional hubs.
- Kannur is also a point to access neighboring region of Coorg (known for coffee plantations in Karnataka)
- Kannur is home to a few off-beat beach front resorts and homestays which are on outskirts of the city. City itself is a busy town and has business hotels.
- Near Kannur at a few kilometers is a backwater stretch, which is beautiful, and there is a Kairali Resort situated.
- Kannur is also home to drive in beach and is a local attraction
- Kannur is renowned for Theyyam, a local ritual that is popular with Inbound travellers for a visit.
- Idyllic Beach Destinations in Coastal Kerala"Kannur (90 kms North of Calicut) lies mid-way on Mangalore - Calicut Route. Kannur is renowned for some beach front authentic homestays that are popular with Inbound and offbeat travellers."
- Beach and Backwater Destinations of India"Kannur is renowned for its idyllic beach stretches on outskirts of the main Kannur Town. A little known fact is that Kannur also has a backwater area on its outskirts where Kairali Retreat, a getaway resort is located."
- Stopover Destinations on Mangalore - Calicut highway"Kannur is renowned for idyllic beaches and backwaters. It lies mid-way on Mangalore - Calicut highway (NH 66) and therefore a popular luncheon and overnight stopover enroute."
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Kerala"Kannur Railway Station is best access point for travellers visiting beach getaway of Kannur and plantation highlands of Coorg."
- Nearest Airport -Kannur
- Nearest Railway Station - Kannur
- Kannur is an Ex-Calicut / Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Trichy Getaway
- Kannur is connected by Air with Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Cochin (Ernakulam), Hyderabad
- Kannur is connected by Day train with Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Kannur is connected by Overnight train with Pune, Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Cochin (Ernakulam), Hyderabad
- Kannur is connected by Day bus with Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Kannur is connected by Overnight Bus with Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin (Ernakulam)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kannur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kannur
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Hassan - Mysore Break with Kannur (5 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Kannur has 7 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Calicut and Drop to Kannur||Rs. 2817|
|Pickup from Mangalore and Drop to Kannur||Rs. 4107|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Kannur Railway Station and Coorg (Madikeri)||Rs. 4554|
|Pickup/Drop between Kannur Railway Station and Coorg (Napoklu)||Rs. 4554|
|Pickup/Drop between Kannur Railway Station and Coorg (Siddhapur)||Rs. 4554|
|Pickup/Drop between Kannur Railway Station and Coorg (Virajpet)||Rs. 3638|
|Pickup/Drop between Kannur Railway Station and Hotel/Homestay on Kannur Outskirts||Rs. 353|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
6 Travel Ideas listed for Kannur. Click here for reviewing them.
- Beaches in Kerala - Marari, Varkala, Kovalam, Bekal
- Cuisine Experiences in Kerala
- Experiences in Kerala
- Kannur Getaway
- Kerala Craft, Culture, Churches, Temples, Festivals and Heritage
- Kerala Homestay / Small Owner managed stay Experience
For expert insights and recommendations - email to