Kanchipuram is categorised as Heritage / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Kanchipuram lies just off NH4 that connects Chennai to Bangalore at 62 km from Chennai
- Kanchipuram home to 7th Century Kailasanatha Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple with a 180-foot high gopuram; one of the tallest in South India, the 14th Century Kamakshi Amman Temple and the hundred-pillared Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- Kanchipuram is known for its hand woven silk sarees.
- These famous temple and sari town forms a heritage - rich triangle with Chennai and mahabalipuram near the East Coast
- Kanchipuram has limited good quality stays and can be easily day visited from Chennai / Mahabalipuram
- Shaktipeetha Temples in South India"The Kamakshi Temple in Kanchipuram is a renowned Hindu temple dedicated to Kamakshi, one of the forms of the goddess Parvati. The Kamakshi Temple is believed to be one of the Shaktipeetha Temples and visited alongwith other temples in the area as a standalone pilgrimage ex-Chennai (62 kms) or as part of Tamilnadu Pilgrimage break / itinerary."
- Destinations to visit for Panchabhoota Stalam Temples of Lord Shiva"Ekambareswarar Temple at Kanchipuram (representing Land or earth) is one of the Biggest temples in temple town of kanchipuram and visited as part of Tamilnadu Pilgrimage / Heritage itinerary and as part of Panchabhoota Stalam Temple circuit in South India."
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Tamil Nadu"Kancheepuram is temple town and renowned for being the city of a thousand temples. It is home to 7th Century Kailasanatha Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple (Pancha Bhhota Stalam) with a 180-foot high gopuram, 14th Century Kamakshi Amman Temple (a Shakti Peetha) and the hundred-pillared Varadharaja Perumal Temple. Kancheepuram is day visited from Chennai (62 kms) and a must visit destination in any pilgrimage itinerary."
- Heritage Destinations of Tamil Nadu"Kanchipuram home to 7th Century Kailasanatha Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple with a 180-foot high gopuram; one of the tallest in South India, the 14th Century Kamakshi Amman Temple and the hundred-pillared Varadharaja Perumal Temple. Kanchipuram is popularly visited ex-Mahabalipuram / Chennai (Both about 60 kms from Kanchipuram)."
- Nearest Airport -Chennai (62 kms), Tirupati (107 kms), Pondicherry (120 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kanchipuram
- Kanchipuram is an Ex-Chennai / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Trichur Getaway
- Kanchipuram is connected by Day train with Chennai
- Kanchipuram is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, Pune
- Kanchipuram is connected by Day bus with Bangalore
- Kanchipuram is connected by Overnight Bus with Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kanchipuram Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kanchipuram
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||2|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Pancha Bhoota Sthanagal (3 Nights)
- Tirupati with Kanchipuram (3 Nights)
- Temple Heritage of Tamilnadu (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Kanchipuram has 3 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day visit Chennai to Kanchipuram and back||Rs. 3778|
|Day Visit to Rameswaram - Ex-Madurai||Rs. 4300|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Chennai and Drop to Kanchipuram||Rs. 3778|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Kanchipuram Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Audio Guide for Mahabalipuram||Rs. 250|
2 Travel Ideas listed for Kanchipuram. Click here for reviewing them.
- Kancheepuram Heritage and Pilgrim Getaway
- Pancha Bootha Shiva Temples
For expert insights and recommendations - email to