Kalpa is categorised as Pilgrimage / Remote Himalayas
Shiva Temple at Kalpa (Nivalink Trip Dated - 10 June 2009)
Reasons to Visit
- Kalpa offers views of the Kinner Kailash Range
- Kalpa is a temple town with very good Himalaya views around the temple.
- Kalpa is visited enroute on Sangla - Nako - Tabo - Kaza route and guests stay overnight for the stunning morning himalayan views.
- It snows in and around Kalpa in Jan - Feb and therefore could be inaccessible
- Transit Destinations on the Shimla - Sangla - Kinnaur - Spiti Valley Route"Kalpa (6000+ ft asl - 224 kms from Shimla) lies a few kms atop Reckong Peo (10 kms) and is renowned for its views of the Kinner Kailash Ranges. Kalpa otherwise wears a typical temple town look and therefore good for only transit. Reckong Peo is capital of Kinnaur and last town before entering remote Upper Kinnaur and Spiti Valley area."
- Significant Pilgrimages of Sangla-Kinnaur and Spiti Valley"Kalpa (7000 ft asl) lies near Reckong Peo Capital of Kinnaur Region. Kalpa follow a mix of Hinduism and Buddhism and many temples in Kalpa are dedicated to both Hindu and Buddhist gods and goddesses overlooking mount Kinner Kailash. Kalpa is typically visited as part of Sangla Valley circuit."
- Nearest Airport -Shimla (230 kms), Kullu (277 kms), Chandigarh (335 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Shimla (230 kms), Shoghi (245 kms), Kandaghat (260 kms)
- Kalpa is an Ex-Chandigarh Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kalpa Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Kalpa
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Kalpa. Click here for reviewing them.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to