Kalka is categorised as Business and Transit
Photo Courtesy A M Hurell
Reasons to Visit
- Kalka is a railhead at 40 kms from Chandigarh and starting point of the renowned Kalka - Shimla heritage train.
- Kalka gets transit travellers for a stay for the morning Kalka - Shimla heritage train.
- Kalka gets regular trains from Delhi and is the access point for industrial township of Baddi, heritage getaway of Nalagarh, nature getaway and bird watching destination of Siswan and host of hillside hamlets such Kasauli, Solan, Rajgarh, Barog, Kandaghat, Shoghi, Shimla, Chail, Kufri, Naldehra, Fagu and Shilon Bagh etc.
- Devi Temples and Pilgrimages in North India"Kalka (30 kms from Chandigarh) is home to a Kali Temple or Kalika Devi Temple which is visited as part of North India Devi Pilgrimage circuit."
- Airports and Popular Access points for Himachal Pradesh"Kalka Railway Station is most popular arrival point for guests arriving to visit getaways and destinations of Himachal Pradesh such as Shimla, Kullu Valley, Spiti Valley, Sangla Valley etc."
- Nearest Airport -Chandigarh (30 kms), Shimla (95 kms), Ludhiana (120 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kalka
- Kalka is connected by Day train with New Delhi, Chandigarh
- Kalka is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kalka Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kalka
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- 9 Devi Temples of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu region (7 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Kalka has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Ambala and Drop to Kalka||Rs. 2112|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Kalka. Click here for reviewing them.
- Kalka – Shimla Heritage Train
- Nainadevi Pilgrimage
- Nau Deviyan Pilgrimage Circuit of North India
- Prominent Devi Temples in and around Chandigarh
For expert insights and recommendations - email to