Kalimpong is categorised as Bird Watching / Hillside Hamlet
Reasons to Visit
- Kalimpong is an all year destination renowned for Buddhist Monasteries, Hindu Temples, Flowers, Orchids and exotic flora, old colonial bungalows, Bird watching, scenic view points and snow peak views, (clearer in winter).
- Around Kalimpong there are forests around Lava and Loleygaon, the wild and protected Neora National Park, which are excellent for Bird watching.
- Kalimpong has some charming stays for off-beat travellers and connects Sikkim destinations with Chalsa / Dooars / Garumara / Jaldapara / Bhutan area
- White Water Rafting Destinations in India"Teesta river stretch near Kalimpong is Graded on the scale at Grade II, III & IV. Rafting is also conducted on the Rangeet River. Guests enjoy the beautiful surroundings and thrill of the adventure. Rafting is a regular addition to a Sikkim / Darjeeling itinerary for adventure oriented family travellers. Season - Rafting Closed during monsoon (June - Sept)"
- Wildlife and Bird watching Destinations in East and North East India"Lava (7000+ ft asl) is a small hamlet situated 34 kms from Kalimpong. The region is virgin and wild animals such as the Himalayan Black Bear, barking deer are spotted regularly. The Lava area is excellent for migratory bird watching and home to many rarely sighted birds. Best time to Visit - Oct - May"
- Destinations in West Bengal Hills and Sikkim for the Holiday Traveller"Kalimpong (3000+ ft asl - 75 kms from Gangtok) is renowned for its flower gardens, bird watching and many monasteries / view points. Travellers stay here for 1 night before departure or moving onto Tea plantation / Wildlife areas of Gorumara / Chalsa."
- Offbeat Destinations in West Bengal Hills and Sikkim"Kalimpong is an all year destination renowned for Buddhist Monasteries, Hindu Temples, Flowers, colonial bungalows, view points and snow peak views. Forests around Kalimpong are excellent for Bird watching. Kalimpong has some charming stays for off-beat travellers. "
- Nearest Airport -Gangtok (73 kms), Bagdogra (75 kms), Guwahati (494 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Darjeeling (51 kms), Siliguri (66 kms), Kurseong (66 kms)
- Kalimpong is an Ex-Siliguri / Ex-Guwahati Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kalimpong Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
6 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kalimpong
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
|Holiday (7 or more)||4|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Gangtok and Darjeeling with Kalimpong (6 Nights)
- Gangtok, Kalimpong and Darjeeling Short Break (5 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with North Sikkim and Kalimpong (10 Nights)
- Best of Sikkim - Darjeeling with Kalimpong (7 Nights)
- Comprehensive Sikkim and Darjeeling with Kalimpong (8 Nights)
- Gangtok - Darjeeling with Lachung and Kalimpong (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Kalimpong has 6 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Kalimpong||Rs. 2934|
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Lava, Kalimpong||Rs. 5280|
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Loleygaon, Kalimpong||Rs. 5280|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Kalimpong||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Lava, Kalimpong||Rs. 6455|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Loleygaon, Kalimpong||Rs. 6455|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Kalimpong. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird watching in Kalimpong
- Kalimpong getaway
- Nurseries of Kalimpong
- Gurudongma House experience
For expert insights and recommendations - email to