Kakinada is categorised as Pilgrimage / Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- A Natural harbour and one of the major ports in India and therefore visited by business travelers to shipping and freight forwarding companies.
- Pithapuram and Draksharamam are two pilgrimage centres that are typically visited together with Kakinda as the base town for a stay.
- There are number of other temples that are locally significant and visited with Kakinada at the base point.
- Shaktipeetha Temples in South India"Kakinada is base point to visit Pilgrim centres of Pithapuram (18 kms) and Draksharamam (30 kms). Pithapuram is best visited for Kukkuteshwara Swamy temple, a Shiva Temple. Puruhutika Devi the temple premises is considered one of the Shakti Peethas. Draksharamam is home to Bhimesvara Swamy Temple on the eastern bank of Godavari River. The Shiva deity is accompanied by Parvati and the temple is considered one of the Shakti Peetha sites. Kakinada is visited as a standalone pilgrimage."
- Destinations to visit for Pancharama Kshetra Temples"Bhimarama (20 kms) and Draksharama (30 kms) are two sites near Kainada that are renowned for Pancharama Kshetras Temples."
- Significant Pilgrimages in Andhra Pradesh"Kakinada, port city is renowned for being base town to visit Pithapuram and Draksharamam. Pithapuram (18 kms from Kakinada) is best visited for Kukkuteshwara Swamy temple, a Shiva Temple. Puruhutika Devi within the temple premises is considered one of the Shakti Peethas. Draksharamam (30 kms) is home to Bhimesvara Swamy Temple and the temple is also a Shakti Peetha site. Antarvedi (100 kms) and Annavaram (50 kms) are two more pilgrim areas to visit for a traveller."
- Port Cities of India"Kakinada Deep Water Port is an all-weather deep water port at 170 kms from Visakhapatnam"
- Major Cities and Access Points of Andhra Pradesh"A Natural harbour and one of the major ports in India and therefore visited by business travelers to shipping and freight forwarding companies. Pithapuram and Draksharamam are two pilgrimage centres that are typically visited together with Kakinda as the base town for a stay."
- Nearest Airport -Rajahmundry (62 kms), Visakhapatnam (160 kms), Vijayawada (217 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kakinada
- Kakinada is an Ex-Hyderabad Getaway
- Kakinada is connected by Day train with Hyderabad
- Kakinada is connected by Overnight train with Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Cochin (Ernakulam), Mumbai, Pune
- Kakinada is connected by Overnight Bus with Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Kakinada Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Kakinada
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Kakinada Pilgrim Getaway (2 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Kakinada has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day visit to Temples in and around Rajahmundry and Kakinada||Rs. 2934|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Rajahmundry Pickup and drop to Kakinada||Rs. 2112|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Kakinada. Click here for reviewing them.
- Kakinada-Hindu Pilgrim Destination
For expert insights and recommendations - email to