Jorhat is categorised as Plantations
Hollongapar Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary (Photo Courtesy: Macaca77)
Reasons to Visit
- Jorhat is base town for many a plantations around the area
- Gibbon Sanctuary and Majuli Island are accessed from Jorhat.
- Jorhat is home of the "Tocklai Research Association (TRA)" is the oldest and the largest tea research station of its kind in the world.
- One can visit the ancient remnants of the Ahom dynasty in the surrounding areas.
- The Temple of Buri Gohani and the two burial vaults (maidam) of the great kings, Lachit Borphukan and Purandar Sinha can be visited from here
- Jorhat is visited by experiential travellers to Tea bungalows around the area
- One is required to take a boat ride to visit Majuli Island at a point about 30 kms from Jorhat
- Destinations in East and North East of India offering Tea Plantation Experience"Jorhat is base town for many a plantations around the area. Jorhat is home of the "Tocklai Research Association (TRA)" is the oldest and the largest tea research station of its kind in the world. Jorhat is home to plantation bungalows that attract offbeat, heritage and heritage travellers to the area."
- Airports and Access Points to visit Destinations of North East of India"Jorhat (Airport and Railway station) is popular arrival point for visiting Tea plantation areas of Assam"
- Nearest Airport -Jorhat
- Nearest Railway Station - Dibrugarh (130 kms), Tinsukia (187 kms), Guwahati (310 kms)
- Jorhat is an Ex-Guwahati Getaway
- Jorhat is connected by Air with Kolkata
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Jorhat Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Jorhat
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Jorhat Plantation and Cultural Getaway (3 Nights)
- Jorhat Plantation and Heritage Getaway with Kaziranga (5 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Jorhat has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Guwahati Pickup and Drop to Jorhat||Rs. 6572|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
6 Travel Ideas listed for Jorhat. Click here for reviewing them.
- Hollongapar Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mahabaahu Cruise - Brahmaputra Cruise Experience
- Majuli Island Pilgrimage
- Pani Dihing Wildlife Sanctuary
Festivals linked to Jorhat (Assam)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to