Jagdalpur is categorised as Heritage / Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Jagdalpur was the capital of the erstwhile princely state of Bastar.
- Bastar is where guests visit for tribal craft and heritage and surrounding forest areas and its waterfalls.
- Jagdalpur connects Raipur in the North to Vishakhapatnam in Andra Pradesh.
- The dense forests and plantations surrounding the town keeps it cool even in the month of summer.
- The National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries are in and around Jagdalpur, which have a rich and exotic variety of wildlife (Kangerghati National Park (27 kms), Indravati National Park and Bairamgarh Wildlife Sanctuary).
- 40 km from Jagdalpur is Chitrakote waterfalls, which are considered Indian equivalent of Niagra falls.
- Jagdalpur has two large lakes, Dalpat Sagar and Ganga Munda, the former popularly called Samudra or sea,
- Dalpat Sagar is the largest artificial lake in Chhattisgarh. It was created over 400 years ago to harvest rainwater and today, a major source of fishing.
- Jagdalpur is also home to a number of Caves such as Kutumsar Cave (India's First Underground Cave), Kailash Cave and Dandak caves.
- Off-beat destination, specific to archeology and lovers of nature, art, craft and heritage
- Bastar has also been in the heart of the naxal movement and remains a very specific and limited tourism area with very few hotels and resorts and only well researched tourists and explorers make plans to visit the area.
- Airports and Access Points for Chhattisgarh"Jagdalpur Railway Station is a popular railhead to visit tribal areas of Bastar."
- Offbeat Heritage Getaways in Chhattishgarh"Jagdalpur lies in heart of Bastar i.e. Tribal heartland of Orissa. Guests arrive here to explore waterfalls, tribal heritage, green surroundings and quiet countryside alongwith stays that have offbeat character."
- Destinations to visit for Tribal Heritage Experiences"Jagdalpur lies in heart of Bastar is where guests visit for tribal craft and heritage and surrounding forest areas and its waterfalls."
- Waterfall Destinations of India"Chitrakot Waterfalls (40 kms from Jagdalpur) are called The Niagara Falls of India and are one of the most spectacular falls in India."
- Nearest Airport -Raipur (285 kms), Visakhapatnam (308 kms), Rajahmundry (414 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Jagdalpur
- Jagdalpur is an Ex-Raipur / Ex-Nagpur Getaway
- Jagdalpur is connected by Overnight train with Kolkata
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Jagdalpur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Jagdalpur
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Bastar - Bhoramdeo with Kanha (5 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Jagdalpur. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bastar Tribal Heritage and Nature Getaway
- Chhattisgarh Experience
Festivals linked to Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh)
- Bastar Dussehra
- Madai Festival
For expert insights and recommendations - email to