Havelock Island is categorised as Beachside / Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Havelock Island, named after Henry Havelock, a British general, is situated 57 km North East of Capital City Port Blair
- Havelock Island is accessible by 4 hours ferry ride from Port Blair (Lesser by a speedboat or Macruzz)
- Havelock Island is renowned for crystal clear waters and Scuba diving / Snorkeling experience like no other destination in India except Lakshadweep.
- Havelock Island which is where a few eco-resorts are situated and where Scuba / Snorkeling can be enjoyed in pristine blue waters which are best anywhere in India territory by a long way (except Lakshadweep Islands on the Western extreme).
- Port Blair is anything but touristy. Idea here is to relax, unwind and enjoy a remote island experience.
- Guests here spend anywhere from two nights to two weeks.
- One can hire a bicycle; a scooter and move around the Island (15 kms from one end to another) or can just enjoy walking around.
- Havelock Island is as remote as it can get and there is no question of any other commercial activity besides few resorts and dive centers. Medical and emergency facilities here are basic and one has to get transported to Port Blair for a simple medical checkup. Radhanagar Beach, Govindnagar Beach and Vijaynagar Beachare two main locations. Radhanagar Beach is more conventional beach, good for swimming or a long walk Vijaynagar Beach and Govindnagar Beach is where there are corals and where one can do a bit of Amateur snorkeling Short Boat ride required to be taken for more unexplored Scuba / Snorkelling sites Dive Centres are open all through the year and Diving is conducted during monsoon (June - Sept) subject to weather condition
- Island Destinations of India"Havelock is most popular and exotic Island to arrive in Andaman Islands. It takes a 3 hours boat ride (2 hours by private boat) from Port Blair to reach. Havelock has full range of stay options from budget beach shacks to premium resorts and is popular with honeymooners and adventure travellers. Dive centre here is operational all through the year."
- Popularly visited destinations on Andaman Islands"Havelock Islands is accessible via a ferry ride from Port Blair and is renowned for its crystal clear beaches, adventure activities and remote island character. Havelock Islands remains one of the most sought after destinations of Andaman Islands by holiday travellers and honeymooners."
- Nearest Airport -Port Blair (39 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Havelock Island Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
4 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Havelock Island
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||4|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Best of Havelock and Port Blair (4 Nights)
- Havelock - Port Blair Break (5 Nights)
- Natural Wonders of Andamans (5 Nights)
- Paradise Called Andamans (5 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Havelock Island Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Snorkelling and Kayaking at Havelock||Rs. 2500|
|Under Water Sea Walk||Rs. 3200|
3 Travel Ideas listed for Havelock Island. Click here for reviewing them.
- Andaman Getaway
- Havelock Island for the Honeymooners
- Scuba Diving in Havelock Island, Andamans
For expert insights and recommendations - email to