Guruvayoor is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- The Sri Krishna Temple at Guruvayoor, 33 km north – west of Thrissur, dates from 16th century and is one of the most visited temples in Kerala
- Besides a pilgrimage center, Guruvayoor is a major wedding destination. Guests prefer to get married and take blessings of Lord Krishna and all hotels here are geared for this.
- Elephant Sanctuary near Guruvayoor is also visited alongwith Guruvayoor
- Temple Opens at 3 am with Nirmalyadarsan, remains closed from 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm. The worship and darshan continue till 10 at night
- Significant Pilgrimages in North and Central Kerala"Guruvayoor Temple (100 kms from Cochin and 25 kms from Thrissur) is dedicated to Lord Krishna and one of the major pilgrimage centres in Kerala. Guruvayoor is a popular wedding destination and a standalone pilgrimage."
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in and around South Kerala"100 kms North of Cochin (Ernakulam), Guruvayoor is a Lord Krishna Temple and major pilgrim centre in Central Kerala and is popularly visited alongwith other temples in South Kerala as part of a pilgrimage itinerary."
- Lord Krishna Pilgrimages in India"Guruvayoor (25 kms from Thrissur and 100 kms from Cochin) is one of the most important places of worship for Hindus of Kerala. Guruvayoor temple is now a major pilgrim centre and a wedding destination. The temple is run on a strict traditional lines with devotees having to follow a Strict dress code."
- Nearest Airport -Cochin (Ernakulam) (105 kms), Calicut (110 kms), Coimbatore (144 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Trichur (29 kms), Cheruthuruthy (41 kms), Palakkad (95 kms)
- Guruvayoor is an Ex-Trichur / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Kollam / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Trivandrum / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Bangalore Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Guruvayoor Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Guruvayoor
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Guruvayoor Pilgrimage (1 Nights)
- Kerala Hindu Pilgrim Break (4 Nights)
- South India Hindu Pilgrimage Itinerary (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Guruvayoor has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Airport Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Cochin Airport and Guruvayoor||Rs. 3756|
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Cochin to Guruvayoor Day visit and back||Rs. 3756|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Guruvayoor. Click here for reviewing them.
- Guruvayoor and Thrissur Pilgrimage
Festivals linked to Guruvayoor (Kerala)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to