Gorakhpur is categorised as Pilgrimage / Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- Gorakpur is gateway to Nepal and a city where one stays overnight before heading into Nepal.
- Gorakhpur otherwise is a pilgrim center and home to Buddhist, Hindu, Jain and Sikh saints.
- Gorakhpur is gateway to Lumbini (Across Nepal Border) and Kapilvastu, birthplace of Gautam Buddha and therefore extremely significant for Buddhist Tourism.
- Gorakhnath Temple at Gorakhpur is a renowned temple and a regional Pilgrim centre.
- Gorakhpur is also gateway into Kushinagar (55 km), a Buddhist center
- Airports and Access Points for Uttar Pradesh"Gorakhpur (Railway station and Airport) are popular access points to visit buddhist destinations of Lumbini (Across border into Nepal) and Kushinagar)."
- Nearest Airport -Gorakhpur
- Nearest Railway Station - Gorakhpur
- Gorakhpur is connected by Air with New Delhi
- Gorakhpur is connected by Day train with Lucknow
- Gorakhpur is connected by Overnight train with Lucknow, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Pune, Cochin (Ernakulam), Chennai, Jaipur, New Delhi
- Gorakhpur is connected by Day bus with Lucknow
- Gorakhpur is connected by Overnight Bus with Lucknow, New Delhi
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Gorakhpur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Gorakhpur
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Buddhist Circuit Itinerary (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Gorakhpur. Click here for reviewing them.
- Gorakhnath Pilgrimage
- Lumbini - Kushinagar Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to