Gangtok is categorised as Hill Station / Pilgrimage / Casino
Reasons to Visit
- Gangtok (5000 ft asl) is capital of Sikkim and a popular hill station in the East India.
- Gangtok is home to important monasteries and is base town to visit remote North Sikkim areas of Lachung and Lachen.
- Gangtok lies in close proximity to Enchey Monastery and Rumtek monastery is only 20 kms away
- Guests travelling to Gangtok also take a day visit to Indo-China border and Tsangu lake
- Gangtok is base point to visit monasteries of East Sikkim
- Gangtok is also home to a set of Casinos which is unique to the area.
- Destinations to visit for Tibetan Monasteries and Buddhist Heritage in India"Gangtok (5000 ft asl) lies in close proximity to Enchey Monastery and Rumtek monastery. Gangtok is base point to visit ancient monasteries of East Sikkim."
- Popular Hill Stations of India"Gangtok (5000+ ft asl) is capital of Sikkim and is a modern hill station. Gangtok offers waterfalls, view points, Tibetan monasteries and excursions to Indo - China border etc. to explore"
- Destinations in West Bengal Hills and Sikkim for the Holiday Traveller"Gangtok (5500+ ft asl - 118 kms from Pelling) is the capital of Sikkim and prime holiday destination. It is renowned for excursions to China border, ancient monasteries, waterfalls, view points etc. Gangtok is preferred for a 2 night stay and is also a place where one stays in transit enroute to remote North Sikkim areas. "
- Nearest Airport -Gangtok
- Nearest Railway Station - Darjeeling (98 kms), Kurseong (114 kms), Siliguri (115 kms)
- Gangtok is an Ex-Siliguri Getaway
- Gangtok is connected by Air with Kolkata
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Gangtok Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
16 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Gangtok
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||7|
|Holiday (7 or more)||9|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim - Darjeeling Short break (6 Nights)
- Darjeeling + Gangtok Short Break (4 Nights)
- Extended Gangtok - Darjeeling Short Break (6 Nights)
- Gangtok and Darjeeling Experience (5 Nights)
- Gangtok and Darjeeling with Kalimpong (6 Nights)
- Gangtok with North Sikkim Short Break (5 Nights)
- Gangtok, Kalimpong and Darjeeling Short Break (5 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with Lachung (9 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with North Sikkim (10 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with North Sikkim and Kalimpong (10 Nights)
- Best of Sikkim - Darjeeling with Kalimpong (7 Nights)
- Best of Sikkim with Lachung (7 Nights)
- Comprehensive Darjeeling - Sikkim (7 Nights)
- Comprehensive Sikkim and Darjeeling with Kalimpong (8 Nights)
- Darjeeling - Gangtok with North Sikkim (7 Nights)
- Gangtok - Darjeeling with Lachung and Kalimpong (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Gangtok has 15 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Gangtok||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Bagdogra||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Baiguney||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Chalsa||Rs. 4929|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Darjeeling||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Falakata||Rs. 4694|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Kalimpong||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Lava, Kalimpong||Rs. 6455|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Loleygaon, Kalimpong||Rs. 6455|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Namchi||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to NJP||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Pelling||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Ravangala||Rs. 3521|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Rinchenpong||Rs. 6455|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Siliguri||Rs. 3521|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
20 Travel Ideas listed for Gangtok. Click here for reviewing them.
- Gangtok Getaway
- Mayfair Resort Gangtok Casino Experience
- Monasteries in and Around Gangtok
- Monasteries visited ex-Gangtok
- Royal Plaza Experience
- Denzong Regency getaway
- Hidden Forest experience
- Mayfair Resort Gangtok experience
- Mayfair Resort Gangtok Spa Getaway
- Norkhill Hotel experience
- Orange Village Resort experience
- Saramsa Resort getaway
Festivals linked to Gangtok (Sikkim)
- Dasain in Sikkim
- Drukpa Tse Shi
- Kagyed Dance
- Lhabab Duchen (07 Nov 2020)
- Phang Lhabsol
- Saga Dawa Festival
For expert insights and recommendations - email to