Dasada is categorised as Bird Watching / Experiential
Reasons to Visit
- Dasada is located on the edge of little Rann of Kutch, which is an extension of the Rann of Kutch onto Saurashtra.
- Dasada is an ex-Ahmedabad getaway being just 90 kms away and a major bird watching destination
- Dasada is known for bird watching and only place in India where wild ass can be found.
- There are several bird watching sites around the area. Lesser Flamingoes are found here in winter in large numbers.
- Besides bird watching tribal heritage of the area, craft villages and rural character is an attraction for guests looking for an authentic rural India experience.
- Dasada today has emerged as a major bird watching centre (Oct- March is the best season) and a popular getaway that is visited all round the year.
- The safaris are conducted by resorts around Little Rann of Kutch and and entry permit rates are different for an Indian National and Overseas National.
- Popular Destinations in and around Gujarat"A Prime bird watching destinations and a convenient stopover for holiday travellers on the Bhuj - Ahmedabad route."
- Stopovers on Ahmedabad - Kutch route for Inbound travellers"90 kms short of Ahmedabad, Dasada is a renowned bird watching destination and recommended for travellers arriving from Bhuj driving towards Ahmedabad. Dasada is also excellent for travellers interested in visiting craft heritage and tribal communities around Dasada, Zainabad and Patdi areas."
- Craft Heritage Destinations in Gujarat"Dasada is home to tribal heritage area that are rich in local craft. Guests visit the pastoral Vadiara and Kharapat Rabaris of Dasada, known for their embroideries, the silk-weavers colony at Dasada, and Ambala village of the Bharward shepherds and goatherds."
- Heritage and Offbeat Getaways ex-Ahmedabad"Tribal heritage of the area with little rann of Kutch area having craft villages and rural character is an attraction for guests looking for an offbeat getaway. The area is also renowned for bird watching and therefore recommended for bird watching getaways."
- Prime Bird watching destinations in Gujarat"Part of Little Rann of Kutch, Dasada (90 kms from Ahmedabad) is a popular arrival point for Bird watchers visiting nearby lakes such as Kharaghoda, Mithaghoda, Nawa Talao which are prime bird watching sites and where one can sight wildlife such as Wild Ass, Blue bull and Jackal. Flamingos, Pelicans, Storks, Cranes arrive in large number during winter around these lakes. 250+ varieties of birds are sighted in and around the area."
- Nearest Airport -Ahmedabad (95 kms), Rajkot (190 kms), Vadodara (200 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Viramgam (33 kms), Mehsana (73 kms), Surendranagar (81 kms)
- Dasada is an Ex-Ahmedabad / Ex-Rajkot / Ex-Vadodara / Ex-Bhavnagar / Ex-Gandhidham / Ex-Jamnagar / Ex-Surat / Ex-Valsad / Ex-Jodhpur / Ex-Indore / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Thane / Ex-Kota / Ex-Mumbai Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Dasada Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
9 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Dasada
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||2|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||4|
|Holiday (7 or more)||3|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Dasada - Velavadar Getaway (3 Nights)
- Dasada Bird Watching Getaway (2 Nights)
- Dasada - Bera - Nature lovers Break (4 Nights)
- Gujarat Wildlife and Bird Watching Break (5 Nights)
- Jamnagar - Little Rann of Kutch Bird watching Break (5 Nights)
- Little Rann of Kutch - Sasan Gir Wildlife and Bird Watching Break (4 Nights)
- Best of Gujarat with Kutch (8 Nights)
- Gujarat - Cradle of Craft Skills (11 Nights)
- Gujarat Bird Watching Itinerary (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Dasada has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Ahmedabad and Drop to Dasada||Rs. 3334|
|Transfers between Jamnagar and Little Rann of Kutch||Rs. 5000|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Dasada. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird watching in Little rann of Kutchh
- Bird watching in Nalsarovar
- Crafts Village Visits In Dasada
- Deccan Odyssey - Luxury Train Experience
For expert insights and recommendations - email to