Darjeeling is categorised as Hill Station / Plantations
Reasons to Visit
- Darjeeling is a renowned British era hill station and renowned for views of the Kanchenjunga mountain ranges (Oct - March)
- Darjeeling is internationally renowned for its tea industry and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Darjeeling tea plantations date back to the mid 19th century and Darjeeling tea is considered one of the best in the world.
- Darjeeling like Shimla, Mussourie, etc suffers from unplanned growth and over commercialization. Kolkata weekend tourism influence on tourism is evident as a lot of budget hotels galore the town area is crowded and only good places to stay here are the heritage hotels that offer a level of comfort and experience
- Popular Hill Stations of India"Darjeeling (7000+ ft asl) is a colonial era hill station set atop tea plantations and One of the two major hill stations in east India. Darjeeling offers view points, high altitude Zoo, monastery (Ghoom), Kanchenjunga views (Oct - March) and excursions to nearby plantations for guests to explore."
- Destinations in East and North East of India offering Tea Plantation Experience"Darjeeling is a heritage hills station (90 kms from Siliguri). Darjeeling Tea is renowned as the most premium tea in the world. Glenburn Tea Estate is one of the celebrated Tea plantation stays at 90 minutes drive from Darjeeling recommended for Inbound and experiential travellers. Others guests to Darjeeling are able to visit Tea plantations around the area."
- Colonial Heritage Hill Stations of India"Darjeeling was developed by the British in early 19th century. The development accelerated after building of the Darjeeling train route which is today a UNESCO site and remains a major attraction for heritage traveller. Darjeeling of today is touristy with Himalayan views in Winter, Some bakeries & Cafes and some heritage hotels such as Windamere giving a travellers a taste of the Colonial past. The Tea plantations that British developed around Darjeeling remain pristine and therefore remain an "
- Destinations in West Bengal Hills and Sikkim for the Holiday Traveller"Darjeeling (7000+ ft asl - 70 kms from Siliguri / Bagodgra) is a colonial era hill station and a prime holiday destinations. Darjeeling is renowned for its Himalayan views in Winter. Holiday travellers explore Ghoom Monastery, View points, Tea plantations etc. and preferred for a 2 night stay even though Darjeeling is a bit crowded."
- Heritage Hill Stations to visit for Heritage Train Experience"British built a train from New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling in early 1880s. The train is now a UNESCO heritage site and passes through some of the most beautiful tea plantation areas (Kurseong) offering most stunning views. Total journey time is about 7 hours and 15 minutes (Starting 9 AM). "
- Nearest Airport -Bagdogra (66 kms), Gangtok (98 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Darjeeling
- Darjeeling is an Ex-Siliguri Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Darjeeling Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
14 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Darjeeling
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||6|
|Holiday (7 or more)||8|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim - Darjeeling Short break (6 Nights)
- Darjeeling + Gangtok Short Break (4 Nights)
- Extended Gangtok - Darjeeling Short Break (6 Nights)
- Gangtok and Darjeeling Experience (5 Nights)
- Gangtok and Darjeeling with Kalimpong (6 Nights)
- Gangtok, Kalimpong and Darjeeling Short Break (5 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with Lachung (9 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with North Sikkim (10 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with North Sikkim and Kalimpong (10 Nights)
- Best of Sikkim - Darjeeling with Kalimpong (7 Nights)
- Comprehensive Darjeeling - Sikkim (7 Nights)
- Comprehensive Sikkim and Darjeeling with Kalimpong (8 Nights)
- Darjeeling - Gangtok with North Sikkim (7 Nights)
- Gangtok - Darjeeling with Lachung and Kalimpong (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Darjeeling has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Darjeeling||Rs. 2934|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Darjeeling||Rs. 3521|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
12 Travel Ideas listed for Darjeeling. Click here for reviewing them.
- Darjeeling getaway
- Darjeeling Heritage Train
- Ghoom Monastery in Darjeeling
- Trekking in Darjeeling area
- Dekeling Resort experience
- Glenburn Tea Estate experience
- Premium Hotels in Darjeeling
- Windamere Heritage getaway
Festivals linked to Darjeeling (West Bengal)
- Kagyed Dance
- Lhabab Duchen (18 Nov 2019, 07 Nov 2020)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to