Dambulla is categorised as Heritage / Lakeside
Reasons to Visit
- Dambulla is a town in Central Province of Sri Lanka renowned for the largest and best preserved cave temple complex of Sri Lanka
- It is the centre of vegetable distribution in the country.
- The area boasts of the largest rose quartz mountain range in South Asia, and the Iron wood forest
- Dambulla is also from where one can visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Ibbankatuwa prehistoric burial site near Dambulla cave temple complexes is the latest archaeological site of significant historical importance found in Dambulla, which is located within 3 kilometers of the cave temples providing evidence of the presence of indigenous civilisations long before the arrival of Indian influence on the Island nation.
- Nearest Airport -Colombo (160 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
There are no Holiday found for Dambulla
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Dambulla. Click here for reviewing them.
- Travel to Sri Lanka – Summary in a nutshell
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sri Lanka
For expert insights and recommendations - email to