Chitrakoot is categorised as Pilgrimage
Ramghat - Photo Courtesy L R Burdak
Reasons to Visit
- Chitrakoot lies on border of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh at 77 kms from Satna.
- Chitrakoot is a very sacred place for Lord Rama Devotees as it is believed that during Ramayana Lord Rama and Sita spent eleven of their fourteen years of exile in these forests.
- Its also believed that Great sages Atri and Sati Anusuya have meditated here at Chitrakoot
- Chitrakoot is a pilgrim centre visited by Lord Rama devotees all round the year
- Major Hindu Pilgrimages in Uttar Pradesh"Chitrakoot is significant as it is believed that Lord Rama spent 11 and a half years of their 14 years exile in forests around Chitrakoot. Chitrakoot is visited for its many temples. Chitrakoot is a standalone pilgrimage or can be combined with Allahabad (130 kms) for a pilgrim break. "
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Madhya Pradesh"Chitrakoot lies in the Uttar Pradesh - Madhya pradesh border and is a renowned Lord Rama Pilgrimage. Lord Rama is believed to have spent 11 and a half years of their 14 years exile in forests around Chitrakoot. Chitrakoot is a standalone pilgrimage and can be combined with Allahabad for a pilgrim break."
- Lord Rama Pilgrimages In India"Chitrakoot is believed to be the place where Lord Rama spent eleven and half years of their fourteen years of exile with his wife (Goddess Sita) and his brother (Lord Lakshmana). There are number of temples here that commemorates this. Chitrakoot is accessible by Train and via road from Allahabad."
- Nearest Airport -Allahabad (130 kms), Khajuraho (175 kms), Kanpur (200 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Chitrakoot
- Chitrakoot is an Ex-Allahabad / Ex-Kanpur / Ex-Lucknow / Ex-Jabalpur / Ex-Gwalior / Ex-Agra / Ex-Bhopal Getaway
- Chitrakoot is connected by Day train with Lucknow
- Chitrakoot is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Chitrakoot Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Chitrakoot
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Chitrakoot has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Allahabad and Chitrakoot||Rs. 2223|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Chitrakoot. Click here for reviewing them.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to