Chiplun is categorised as Bird Watching / Riverside / Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- Chiplun is situated on the Mumbai-Goa Highway overlooking Vashisthi River.
- Chiplun is an important stop on the Konkan Railway route for trains heading to and from Goa and South India.
- Chiplun is an industrial town, Chiplun has several pharmaceutical and chemical industries having set up their units here.
- Chiplun is renowned for its Getaway Resort, Riverview Resort.
- Chiplun is renowned for kokum sherbet, dry kokum, jackfruit chips and Alphonso mangoes.
- Chiplun is access point to visit nearby Guhagar Beach
- Chiplun is an access point to visit significant temples in the area such as Parshuram Temple, Hedvi Ganesh temple and Velneshwar temple
- Destinations for Transit stay on NH-17 - Mumbai - Goa highway"250 kms from Mumbai, Chiplun is a popular stopover for guests returning from Goa on NH-17. "
- Beachside Destinations visited ex-Mumbai and Pune"Chiplun is a standalone riverside getaway at 250 kms from Mumbai and 300 kms from Pune. Chiplun is renowned for its evergreen character, bird watching and green countryside experience. "
- Airports and Access Points in Maharashtra"Chiplun Railway station offers a convenient access point to visit riverside getaway and industrial town of Chiplun and beach getaway of Guhagar (42 kms)"
- Western Ghats Bird Watching Destinations in Maharashtra"Chiplun is renowned for its Oriental Dwarf Kingfishers and is home to more than 350 local & migratory species of birds are found in chiplun. Bird species include Barbets, Eagles, Orioles, Hornbills, Minivets, Kingfishers, Tree pies, Robins, Sun birds, Drongos etc."
- Industrial Townships of Maharashtra"Chiplun lies in close proximity to Lote which is home to an MIDC which is one of the biggest chemical zone for Industries in Western India.
- Nearest Airport -Kolhapur (167 kms), Pune (230 kms), Mumbai (250 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Chiplun
- Chiplun is connected by Day train with Mumbai
- Chiplun is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, New Delhi, Cochin (Ernakulam), Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh
- Chiplun is connected by Day bus with Mumbai
- Chiplun is connected by Overnight Bus with Mumbai, Pune
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Chiplun Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
5 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Chiplun
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||4|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Chiplun Riverside Getaway (2 Nights)
- Chiplun Ganapatipule Coastal Maharashtra Break (4 Nights)
- Kashid Chiplun Break with Mahabaleshwar (6 Nights)
- Kashid Chiplun Coastal Maharashtra Break (4 Nights)
- Konkan Pilgrm Break (4 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Chiplun has 4 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day sightseeing Ganapatipule with Ratnagiri and back||Rs. 3051|
|Day sightseeing Guhagar/Murud Harnai/Dapoli and back||Rs. 2582|
|Day sightseeing Parshuram/Velneshwar/Hedvi Ganesh Temples near Guhagar and back||Rs. 3287|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Chiplun Railway Station and Guhagar||Rs. 2112|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Chiplun. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird watching in Chiplun - A Travel idea for Konkan Getaway
- Chiplun Pilgrim Getaway
- Holiday Ideas Goa plus Something else
- Temples of Coastal Maharashtra
- Riverview Chiplun getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to