Chikmagalur is categorised as Plantations
Reasons to Visit
- Chikmagalur is a renowned getaway known for its Coffee and Spice Plantations.
- Chikmagalur is situated at about 3000 ft above sea level and enjoys pleasant weather throughout the year.
- Chikmagalur offers stay in plantation resorts / homestays and heritage bungalows and visited for a nature centric getaway.
- There are number of activity oriented stays around Chikmagalur that are popular for corporate offsites
- Chikmagalur is an great attraction to trekkers as the area is surrounded with beautiful waterfalls of Kalhatagiri falls, Hebbe falls, Shanti falls, Manikyadhara falls, Sirimane falls, The Muthodi and Bhadra forests
- From Chikmagalur pilgrimages of Sringeri, Horanadu, Kalasa, Balehonnur can be approached
- The headquarters of the famous Coffee Day is located in Chikmagalur. It houses a Coffee Research Station, the first in Asia.
- Destinations renowned for Wildlife and Bird watching in Karnataka"Chikmagalur (250 kms from Bangalore) is a renowned for its coffee plantations and plantation homestays. The area around Chikmagalur where Coffee estates are located is excellent for bird watching where more than 200 species of birds have been recorded. Most plantation stays in Chikmagalur popularly offer guided bird watching as one of the activities."
- Destinations in South India offering Coffee Plantation Experience"Chimkagalur (3500+ ft asl) lies in heart of Coffee producing region at 250 kms from Bangalore. Chimkagalur within 60 kms radius has many exclusive plantation stays (plantation resorts, homestays and private getaways) that are recommended for getaway seekers, honeymooners and off beat travellers. Tata Coffee Plantation Trails here offers a heritage plantation bungalow stay for the experiential travellers."
- Nearest Airport -Mangalore (152 kms), Mysore (178 kms), Bangalore (245 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Hassan (60 kms), Sakleshpur (62 kms), Davanagere (98 kms)
- Chikmagalur is an Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Panjim / Ex-Kolhapur / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Chennai Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Chikmagalur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
5 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Chikmagalur
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||3|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Chikmagalur Getaway (2 Nights)
- Chikmagarlur - Bhadra Break (3 Nights)
- Chikmagarlur - Hassan Break (3 Nights)
- Chikmagalur - Malpe Break (4 Nights)
- Coorg - Chikmagalur Break (5 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Chikmagalur has 3 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Mangalore and Drop to Chikmagalur||Rs. 4417|
|Transfers between Coorg (Madikeri) and Chikmagakur||Rs. 3334|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Mysore Railway Station and Chikmagalur||Rs. 4460|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
6 Travel Ideas listed for Chikmagalur. Click here for reviewing them.
- Chikmagalur Getaway
- Plantation Homestays in Chikmagalur
- Flameback Lodges Boutique getaway
- The Gateway Hotel getaway
- The Serai Luxury Getaway
- The Serai Spa Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to