Chikhaldhara is categorised as Hillside Hamlet
Entry Gate to the Melghat Tiger Reserve (Photo Courtesy: Bendale Kaustubh)
Reasons to Visit
- Chikhaldhara is an off-beat hill station in the Satpuras at a height of 3000 ft asl.
- Chikhaldhara is a green and unspoilt hill station renowned for its Bird watching in Winter.
- Chikhaldhara is also base point to visit Melghat tiger reserve.
- Melghat tiger reserve has a wealth of wild animals like sloth bear, Hyena, wild dog, Gaur, Sambar, Nilgai, Barking deer, four horned Antelope, wild boar and of course the magnificent Tiger.
- Chikhaldhara is a local getaway and ex-Pune/Mumbai train getaway (accessible by convenient overnight trains) and ex-Indore / Nagpur Getaway (drive in).
- Top Monsoon Getaways in Maharashtra"Chikhaldhara (2000+ ft asl) is a Hillside getaway ex-Aurangabad / Nagpur / Indore. Chikhaldhara comes alive in monsoon when mist engulfs the area. Driving around with lush green backdrop, mist and waterfall in monsoon is an experience that getaway seekers arrive for. "
- Ex-Nagpur Wildlife and Bird watching Destinations"Chikhaldhara (230 kms from Nagpur) is base point to visit Melghat Tiger Reserve which is a prime bird watching site in Winter. 250+ species have been recorded in Melghat including Forest Owlet (rare and endangered), Sulphur-bellied Warbler (rare) and White-naped Woodpecker (rare). Chikhaldhara is not a fancy place with any premium hotels and therefore best recommended for only avid bird watchers."
- Nearest Airport -Nagpur (230 kms), Jalgaon (270 kms), Indore (300 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Badnera (120 kms), Akola (130 kms), Burhanpur (184 kms)
- Chikhaldhara is an Ex-Nagpur / Ex-Indore / Ex-Bhopal / Ex-Aurangabad / Ex-Jabalpur / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Raipur Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Chikhaldhara Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Chikhaldhara
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Chikhaldhara. Click here for reviewing them.
- Chikhaldhara Getaway
- Monsoon Getaways of Maharashtra
- Popular Wildlife Getaways ex-Nagpur
For expert insights and recommendations - email to