Chidambaram is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Chidambaram is a major pilgrimage site for Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu Devotees
- Nataraja temple here is at Chidambaram is where one finds deity of Lord Shiva in his form of the Cosmic Dancer (Nataraja).
- In Nataraja Temple at Chidambaram, there is a deity of Lord Govindaraja Perumal as well, making it one of the few temples where both deities are enshrined in one place.
- Chidambaram is a temple town and visited as part of Pondicherry - Thanjavur Route or a pilgrimage itinerary of Tamilnadu.
- Chidambaram is renowned for Nattiyanjali Dance festival is held here at the temple.
- Destinations to visit for Panchabhoota Stalam Temples of Lord Shiva"Natarajar Temple at Chidambaram is one of the five Pancha Bootha Sthalams (Representing the Sky). Natarajar Temple is one of the most iconic temples in India and visited as a day visit ex-Pondicherry (46 kms), by all travellers on the Pondicherry - Thanjavur Route, as part of tamilnadu Pilgrimage itinerary and as part of Panchabhoota Stalam Temple circuit in South India."
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Tamil Nadu"Chidambaram is a a Popular visit option on the Pondicherry - Thanjavur route. Chidambaram is home to Chidambaram Temple which is renowned for Lord Shiva standing in Nataraja pose. The temple is renowned for its architectural and pilgrimage significance and is also one of the 5 Panchabhoota Temples and one of the 51 Shaktipeetha Sites. Chidambaram is a must visit destination in any pilgrimage itinerary."
- Heritage Destinations of Tamil Nadu"A temple town and visited as part of Pondicherry - Thanjavur Route, renowned for its Nataraja Temple Complex, a renowned Lord Shiva Temple, where Lord Shiva is depicted in a Cosmic Dancer pose."
- Nearest Airport -Pondicherry (67 kms), Trichy (168 kms), Salem (184 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Chidambaram
- Chidambaram is an Ex-Trichy / Ex-Chennai / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) Getaway
- Chidambaram is connected by Day train with Chennai, Bangalore
- Chidambaram is connected by Overnight train with Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Jaipur
- Chidambaram is connected by Day bus with Chennai
- Chidambaram is connected by Overnight Bus with Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Chidambaram Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Chidambaram
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Pancha Bhoota Sthanagal (3 Nights)
- Temple Heritage of Tamilnadu (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Chidambaram Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Audio Guide for Pondicherry||Rs. 250|
3 Travel Ideas listed for Chidambaram. Click here for reviewing them.
- Chidambaram Pilgrimage
- East Coast Road (ECR) Experience
- Pancha Bootha Shiva Temples
For expert insights and recommendations - email to