Chettinadu is categorised as Heritage
Reasons to Visit
- Karaikudi is known as the base town for the area of Chettinad.
- Chettinad is the homeland of the Nattukottai Chettiars (Nagarathar), a prosperous banking and business community, many of whose members migrated to South and Southeast Asia, in 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Chettinad is well known for its Chettinad cuisine, heritage Mansions, and Temples.
- Chettinad food, now is one of the many reasons why people get to know Chettinad.
- The villages around Karaikudi are rich in cultural heritage, art and architecture, and is well known for its 18th century mansions, embellished with marble and Burma teak, wide courtyards and spacious rooms.
- Karaikudi is also home of two famous Institutions, Alagappa University and CECRI.
- Chettinad is where experiential travellers arrive for cuisine, culture and heritage experience
- Chettinad is also a Luncheon stopover on the Thanjavur - Madurai route
- Heritage Destinations of Tamil Nadu"Chettinadu is region generally referred to a set of villages having an experietial character around Karaikudi. These are visited as a ethnic luncheon stopover on Madurai - Thanjavur route and standalone getaway for experiential travellers."
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Tamilnadu and Pondichery"Karaikkudi Railway Station is access point into heart of heritage region of Chettinadu."
- Nearest Airport -Trichy (80 kms), Madurai (100 kms), Salem (236 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Chettinadu
- Chettinadu is an Ex-Trichy / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Kollam / Ex-Trivandrum / Ex-Chennai / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Mysore Getaway
- Chettinadu is connected by Day train with Chennai
- Chettinadu is connected by Overnight train with Chennai
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Chettinadu Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Chettinadu
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Thanjavur - Chettinad Experience with Madurai (6 Nights)
- A week with Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Heritage (7 Nights)
- Total Temple Heritage Circuit of Tamil Nadu (10 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Chettinadu has 4 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Airport Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Trichy Airport and Kanadukathan, Chettinadu||Rs. 2934|
|Pickup/Drop between Trichy Airport and Karaikkuddi, Chettinadu||Rs. 2934|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Trichy Railway Station and Kanadukathan, Chettinadu||Rs. 2934|
|Pickup/Drop between Trichy Railway Station and Karaikkuddi, Chettinadu||Rs. 2934|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Chettinadu. Click here for reviewing them.
- Chettinadu Mansion – A Heritage Getaway
- Visalam – An Experiential Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to