Cherrapunjee is categorised as Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Cherrapunji is one of the wettest place in the world, is 56 km southwest of Shillong
- Cherrapunji is situated at an altitude of 1290 m above sea level and has an average rainfall of 1000+ cms annually.
- Cherrapunji has monsoon season throughout the year and it rains mostly at night.
- Cherrapunji is renowned for its limestone caves and orange honey. Its also visited for Living root bridges and bird watching.
- Mawsmai Falls near Cherrapunjee is the fourth largest waterfall in India
- The oldest Presbyterian Church in India is located here at Cherrapunjee.
- 4.5 km long Krem Mawmluh Cave is near Cherrapunji is also visited
- Cherrapunji is visited for walking, trekking, bird watching and a complete nature centric experience.
- Wildlife and Bird watching Destinations in East and North East India"Cherrapunjee is located 56 kms from Shillong where 200+ species found here, migratory as well as resident. The species found here are different from elsewhere found in India and that's what makes it unique. Migratory birds here arrive from higher Himalayas, Tibet, China or even Siberia for winter nesting."
- Destinations in India offering Rainforest Experience"One of the wettest places in the world. Cherrapunji is situated at an altitude of 1290 m above sea level and has an average rainfall of 1000+ cms annually. Cherrapunji has monsoon season throughout the year. Cherrapunji is renowned for its limestone caves and orange honey. Its also visited for Living root bridges, bird watching and its rainforest character."
- Nearest Airport -Shillong (51 kms), Guwahati (147 kms), Silchar (253 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Guwahati (147 kms), Silchar (253 kms)
- Cherrapunjee is an Ex-Guwahati Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Cherrapunjee Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Cherrapunjee
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Cherrapunjee. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird watching in Cherapunjee
- Cherapunjee Getaway
- Walking and Trekking in Cherrapunjee
For expert insights and recommendations - email to