Chalsa is categorised as Plantations
Reasons to Visit
- Chalsa, a town in Doors region is one of the most visually attractive destinations in India.
- Tea estates and tall trees are very pleasing and the region offers wonderful drives.
- Doors region (1800 ft) is spread over 130 kms by 40 kms and is known for its tea estates and forests crisscrossed by the river Teesta and its tributaries.
- Jaldapara sactuary nearby is what it gets visited for besides the tea plantations.
- Garumara Wildlife Sanctuary nearby is where one can spot elephants and a variety of birds.
- Chalsa is a renowned getaway and popular corporate offsite and getaway destination.
- Wildlife and Bird watching Destinations in East and North East India"Chalsa is a tea plantation area and known for its drives. Gorumara National Park near Chalsa is home to one horned Rhinos and here more than 100 varieties of birds are regularly spotted. Best time to Visit - Oct - May"
- Destinations in East and North East of India offering Tea Plantation Experience"Chalsa is renowend for its Tea estates and tall trees are very pleasing and the region offers wonderful drives. Chalsa is also gateway to Garumara reserve forest. Chalsa offers getaway resorts and nature centric stays and therefore popular with getaway seekers and nature travellers."
- Destinations in West Bengal Hills and Sikkim for the Holiday Traveller"Chalsa (3000+ ft asl - 80 kms from Kalimpong) is renowned for its flower drives, tea plantations and many reserve forest areas that are good for bird watching. Travellers stay here for 2 nights before departure (70 kms from Bagdogra) or moving onto destinations of Bhutan via Phuentshollng."
- Nearest Airport -Bagdogra (70 kms), Gangtok (128 kms), Paro (245 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Siliguri (70 kms), Falakata (73 kms), Kurseong (93 kms)
- Chalsa is an Ex-Siliguri / Ex-Guwahati Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Chalsa Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Chalsa
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Chalsa Getaway (3 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Chalsa has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Chalsa||Rs. 3756|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Chalsa||Rs. 4929|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Chalsa. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird watching in Garumara Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bird watching in Jaldapara Sanctuary
- Bird watching in Suntalekhola
- Garumara Jungle Camp experience
- Sinclairs Retreat Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to