Burhanpur is categorised as Heritage / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Burhanpur was an important city under Rashtrakuta Dynasty during 753–982. During excavations in Tapti River & Asirgarh Fort many coins, goddess idols and temples discovered which belongs to prehistoric era.
- The City Burhanpur is renowned for its Muslim monuments,Gurudwara of Sikh Religion, Dargah-e-Hakimi of Dawoodi Bohra sect.
- Dargah-e-Hakimi is built in the memory of Saiyyadi Abdul Qadir Hakimuddin. Thousands of pilgrims of Bohra sect visit the place from all over the world
- Burhanpur was an important outpost of the Mughals. Shah Jahan spent a considerable time in this city, and helped add to the Shahi Qila. The Shahi Qila is located to the east of the Tapti River. Little of it remains today as the Qila is mostly in ruins now.
- Offbeat Heritage Getaways of Madhya Pradesh"Burhanpur lies on the edge of Maharashtra and MP Border at 71 kms from Bhusawal. Burhanpur was an important city under Rashtrakuta Dynasty during 753–982. During excavations in Tapti River & Asirgarh Fort many coins, goddess idols and temples discovered which belongs to prehistoric era. Burhanpur is recommended for a visit from Archeology perspective and is a heritage getaway for offbeat travellers."
- Nearest Airport -Jalgaon (97 kms), Indore (182 kms), Aurangabad (221 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Burhanpur
- Burhanpur is an Ex-Indore / Ex-Aurangabad / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Nagpur / Ex-Bhopal / Ex-Surat / Ex-Pune / Ex-Vadodara / Ex-Valsad / Ex-Thane / Ex-Navi Mumbai / Ex-Mumbai Getaway
- Burhanpur is connected by Day train with Mumbai
- Burhanpur is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, New Delhi, Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam), Hyderabad, Chandigarh
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Burhanpur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Burhanpur
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Central India Heritage with Agra and Aurangabad (14 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to
No special features listing found for Burhanpur