Binsar is categorised as Bird Watching / Hillside Hamlet
Reasons to Visit
- 22 kms from Almora is Binsar Sanctuary (8000 ft asl) is known for walks and bird watching around the reserve forest.
- Binsar has been declared an Important Bird Area by BirdLife International with over 200 species including Tits, Forktail, Nuthatches, Blackbirds, Parakeets, Laughingthrush, Magpies, Kalij Pheasant, Monal, Koklas , eagles, Woodpeckers and a range of others found here.
- Binsar is also home to many reptiles and invertebrates including a wide range of Butterflies.
- The area enjoy spectacular Himalaya views during winter (Oct-March) and excellent for walks around the area during Oct-June season.
- Season - Oct-May is good for Bird watching (Dec-Jan could be very cold and could snow here)
- Bird watching Destinations in Kumaon region in Uttarakhand"Binsar (8000+ ft asl) is a high altitude sanctuary renowned for its bird watching. Binsar has been declared an Important Bird Area by BirdLife International with over 200 species.Binsar is also home to many reptiles and invertebrates including a wide range of Butterflies."
- Himalayan Hamlets in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand"Just 80+ kms from Nainital (20 kms from Almora), Binsar (8000+ ft asl) is surrounded by Binsar Sanctuary and offers panoramic Himalayan views in Winter (Oct - March). Binsar is a popular ex-Delhi getaway for off-beat travellers and one recommended for Bird watching and guests looking for a quiet time. During Summer Binsar is a popular area to arrive as it offers salubrious climate."
- Nearest Airport -Pithoragarh (140 kms), Pantnagar (145 kms), Ghaziabad (352 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kathgodam (113 kms), Haldwani (120 kms), Rudrapur (150 kms)
- Binsar is an Ex-Noida / Ex-Dehradun / Ex-New Delhi / Ex-Gurgaon / Ex-Faridabad Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Binsar Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Binsar
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Binsar has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Kathgodam Railway Station and Hotel in Binsar||Rs. 3556|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Binsar. Click here for reviewing them.
- Almora / Binsar Getaway
- Bird Watching in Almora / Binsar area
- Village Walks in Kumaon
For expert insights and recommendations - email to