Bekal is categorised as Beachside
Reasons to Visit
- Bekal is situated on the seashore of Pallikara village,12 kms south of Kasargod town (NH-17).
- Bekal, 85 km South of Mangalore and became known when Kerala tourism started to promote it in early 2000s.
- Bekal area is a mix of beach and backwater and unique cultural experience of Malabar region (North Kerala with plantation highlands of Kodagu district) makes for an experiential getaway.
- Bekal is well connected with Kodagu (Popularly known as Coorg), Wayanad (Known for Rainforests and Tree houses), Nagarhole (One of the best wildlife sanctuaries) and Mysore (heritage destination) and thus makes for an excellent stopover on any ex-Mangalore Itinerary covering this region.
- Idyllic Beach Destinations in Coastal Kerala"Bekal (70 kms South of Mangalore) lies on the nothern tip of Coastal Kerala and home to some exquisite luxury getaway resorts. Beaches here are off beat. Inbound travellers arrive here to some authentic homestays"
- Significant Pilgrimages in North and Central Kerala"Ananathpura Temple (30kms from Bekal) is the only lake temple in Kerala, is temple is regarded as the 'Moolasthanam' (original seat) of Anathapadmanabha. Ananathpura Temple is regional significant and well visited all through the year."
- Beachside and Lakeside Destinations in Kerala for a Standalone Getaway"Bekal is an idyllic beach getaway in North Kerala and home to many celebrated destination resorts and Ayurveda retreats. Bekal is renowned for travellers looking to arrive at a relatively lesser known destination but still experience best of hospitality and experience."
- Nearest Airport -Mangalore (65 kms), Kannur (80 kms), Calicut (168 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Bekal
- Bekal is an Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Panjim / Ex-Belgaum Getaway
- Bekal is connected by Day train with Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Bekal is connected by Overnight train with Bangalore, Mumbai, Cochin (Ernakulam), New Delhi, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Pune, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Bekal Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Bekal
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Coorg - Bekal Break (5 Nights)
- Malabar Circuit with Bekal (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Bekal has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Mangalore and Drop to Bekal||Rs. 2934|
|Transfers between Coorg (Madikeri) and Bekal or Nileshwar (North Kerala)||Rs. 3334|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Bekal Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|The Forts and Beaches of Malabar||Rs. 4417|
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Picnic on the Peninsula||Rs. 3534|
9 Travel Ideas listed for Bekal. Click here for reviewing them.
- Beaches in Kerala - Marari, Varkala, Kovalam, Bekal
- Bekal Pilgrimage
- Experiences in Kerala
- Kerala in Monsoon
- The Lalit Resort, Bekal-A Luxury getaway
- Vivanta by Taj, Bekal-Luxury Getaway
- Vivanta by Taj, Bekal-Spa Getaway
Festivals linked to Bekal (Kerala)
- Kuttikkol Thampuratty Theyyam
- Perumthitta Kottamkuzhy
For expert insights and recommendations - email to