Baratang Island is categorised as Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Baratang Island is located at about 100 Km off the Capital city of Port Blair on the NH 223 (known as Andaman Trunk Road) towards Diglipur.
- Baratang contains the only known examples of mud volcanoes in India.
- Baratang island has dense Tropical Forests of all types ranging from tidal swamp forest to Evergreen to littoral forests with sandy beaches along its coast at Baludera, Roglachang etc.
- Mud Volcano and limestone caves in Nayadera are a tourist attraction here.
- The Parrot Island near Baratang is a natural habitat for parrots in this region and the sight of Thousands of parrots returning home before every sunset is an experience
- Port Blair to Baratang route is via Jarawah Reserve forest where stopping, photographing Tribals or interacting with them is strictly prohibited Day visit from Port Blair is possible but requires leaving at 4 AM (Returning by 6 PM)
- Island Destinations of India"100 kms from Port Blair, Baratang is renowned for its Mud Vulcanoes, parrot Island and the drive through Jarawa tribal areas. Baratang is popular with offbeat travellers. "
- Nearest Airport -Port Blair (100 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Baratang Island Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Baratang-Island
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to
Special features listings for destinations within 100 kms of baratang-island