Bandipur is categorised as Wildlife / Bird Watching
Reasons to Visit
- Bandipur is one of the major parks in Karnataka known for their tiger sightings.
- Bandipur forest is varied ranging from dry scrub vegetation in the east to moist deciduous forests in the west along with a wide variety of flora and fauna.
- Bandipur is visited enroute Mysore - Ooty route and also can be considered a standalone getaway.
- Bandipur Sanctuary is interconnected with the Nagarahole National Park in the North, the Mudumalai National Park in the South and Wayanad Sanctuary in the West.
- Destinations for the Holiday Traveller to Karnataka, North Kerala and Nilgiris"Bandipur (80 kms from Mysore on Ooty Road) is a renowned Wildlife destination known for its Bird life, Wild Dogs (Dhole) and Tiger Sightings. Bandipur is a convenient stopover for guests on Mysore - Ooty Road looking for something less touristy and more nature centric."
- Destinations renowned for Wildlife and Bird watching in Karnataka"Bandipur forests with its deciduous habitat is the ideal spot for viewing animals like elephant, gaur, wild boar, sambhar, spotted deer or wild dogs and there is always the bonus of sighting the elusive predators like tiger or leopard. Bandipur is best option for Tiger sighting in South India. You may spot birds such as Peafowl, Grey Jungle Fowl, Partridge, Quail, Paradise Fly-Catcher, Hornbill, Woodpecker, Thrush, Crested Hawk Eagle, Serpent Eagle, Drongo, Cuckoo, Oriole, Minivet, Wagtail, Myna"
- Nearest Airport -Mysore (80 kms), Coimbatore (140 kms), Calicut (140 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Chamarajanagar (50 kms), Ooty (50 kms), Mysore (80 kms)
- Bandipur is an Ex-Mysore / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Chennai / Ex-Hubli Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Bandipur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
13 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Bandipur
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||4|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||4|
|Holiday (7 or more)||5|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Bandipur Escape (1 Nights)
- Mysore - Bandipur Break (3 Nights)
- Ooty with Bandipur Getaway (3 Nights)
- Wayanad with Bandipur (3 Nights)
- Coorg - Mysore Break with Bandipur (6 Nights)
- Heritage Karnataka Break with Bandipur (4 Nights)
- Mysore - Ooty with Bandipur (6 Nights)
- Wayanad - Ooty Break with Bandipur (6 Nights)
- Best of Karnataka with Ooty and Pollachi (10 Nights)
- Coorg - Ooty Break with Bandipur (7 Nights)
- Coorg Mysore Break with Bandipur and Hassan (7 Nights)
- Karnataka: A medley of experiences (10 Nights)
- Mysore - Ooty with Bandipur and Halebid Belur (7 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Bandipur has 4 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Transfer between Coorg (Madikeri) and Bandipur||Rs. 4445|
|Transfers between Coimbatore and Bandipur ||Rs. 5556|
|Transfers between Ooty and Bandipur||Rs. 1778|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Mysore Railway Station and Bandipur||Rs. 3112|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Bandipur. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bandipur wildlife getaway
- Bird watching in Bandipur
- The Serai Bandipur experience
- The Windflower Bandipur
For expert insights and recommendations - email to