Ambaji is categorised as Pilgrimage
Kumbhariyaji Temple (Nivalink Trip Dated - 7 May 2004)
Reasons to Visit
- Ambaji is a Devi temple and a major regional pilgrim centre and one of the 51 Shaktipeetha temples in India
- Ambaji temple attracts a large number of pilgrims from Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- Temple is not very crowded except on weekends and 9 days each during Navratri (Around Sept End and Oct first half) and Chaitra Navratri (Around March).
- The Bhadrapadi Poornima is the main festival celebrated here. Navratri and Diwali are the other important festivals.
- Jain Pilgrimage centre of Kumbhariyaji is located right near Ambaji Temple
- There are several Jain Pilgrimage centers situated nearby such as Neminathji Temple, Mahavir Swami Temple, Parshwanathji Temple, Sambhavnathji Temple and Shantinathji Temple.
- Temple Timings: Temple Opens at 07.00 am and is open till 9:30 am (Except from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm). Temple does not allow cameras, cell phones and leather items.
- Significant Pilgrimages in and around Mount Abu"Ambaji Temple (50 kms from Mount Abu) is a major pilgrim cnetre and home to Ambaji Temple which considered one of the Shakti Peetha temples. Near Ambaji Temple is Jain temple of Kumbhariyaji. Ambaji Temple is typically day visited from Mount Abu or considered as a standalone pilgrimage ex-Ahmedabad"
- Significant Pilgrimages in and around Ahmedabad and Vadodara"Ambaji Temple (180 kms from Ahmedabad) is considered one of the Shakti Peethas and is a major pilgrim centre that is popularly day visited from Ahmedabad. Near Ambaji Temple is Jain temple of Kumbhariyaji and visited part of Jain pilgrimage circuit that includes Vadnagar and Talaja. "
- Significant Ex-Ahmedabad Jain Pilgrimages in Gujarat and Rajasthan"Kumbhariaji (near Ambaji) Beautiful cluster of live 1034-1162 AD Kain temple with intricate marble carving rivaling those of Dilwara and Ranakpura."
- Shaktipeetha Temples in West and Central India"Ambaji Temple in Gujarat is also considered one of the Shakti Peethas and has considerable local and regional importance. Ambaji is a popular standalone pilgrimage ex-Ahmedabad (180 kms) and also visited by holiday / getaway travellers ex-Mount Abu (50 kms)"
- Nearest Airport -Udaipur (165 kms), Ahmedabad (180 kms), Vadodara (280 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Abu Road (28 kms), Palanpur (62 kms), Sirohi Road (91 kms)
- Ambaji is an Ex-Ahmedabad / Ex-Vadodara / Ex-Jodhpur / Ex-Bhavnagar / Ex-Gandhidham / Ex-Rajkot / Ex-Surat / Ex-Kota / Ex-Jamnagar / Ex-Valsad / Ex-Jaipur / Ex-Indore Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Ambaji Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Ambaji
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Ambaji has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Abu Road and Ambaji||Rs. 1112|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Ambaji. Click here for reviewing them.
- Ambaji Pilgrimage
- Ex- Ahmedabad Jain Pilgrimage Circuit
- Kumbhariyaji Jain Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to