Amarkantak is categorised as Pilgrimage
Narmada Udgam (Nivalink Trip Dated - 23 January 2008)
Reasons to Visit
- Amarkantak is located 124 km from Bilaspur (Chattisgarh) and lies in an area on the Madhya Pradesh border.
- Amarkantak lies at the origin of river Narmada and river Sone.
- Amarkantak is a pilgrim centre and there are some temples like the Narmada Udgam, Jwaleshwar temple that pilgrims visit.
- Guests to Amarkantak also visit Kapildhara Waterfall here
- Amarkantak lies in close proximity to Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary and accessible from Bilaspur, Bandhavgarh area or Shahdol
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Madhya Pradesh"Amarkantak (3000 ft asl) lies at meeting point of the Vindhya and the Satpura mountain ranges, Amarkantak is a pilgrim centre for the Hindus, and is the source of the rivers Narmada and Sone. Amarkantak is a standalone pilgrimage ex-Bilaspur"
- Nearest Airport -Raipur (206 kms), Jabalpur (225 kms), Allahabad (400 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Bilaspur (118 kms), Umaria (170 kms), Raipur (206 kms)
- Amarkantak is an Ex-Raipur / Ex-Jabalpur / Ex-Allahabad / Ex-Nagpur Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Amarkantak Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Amarkantak
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Amarkantak - Achanakmar Getaway (2 Nights)
- Kanha - Bandhavagarh with Amarkantak and Jabalpur (5 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Amarkantak. Click here for reviewing them.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to