Almora is categorised as Hillside Hamlet
Reasons to Visit
- Almora (6700 ft) is known for the spectacular himalayan views (Oct - March) and its proximity to ancient Shiva temples of Jageshwar and Bageshwar and Binsar Sanctuary.
- In Oct-March season Almora has spectacular 180 degrees Himalayan views.
- Almora is an excellent base for village walks and trekking around the area
- Almora is visited as a weekend getaway ex-Delhi and as a part of Kumaon region Itinerary.
- It snows in Almora in Winter (Jan - March)
- Pilgrimage Destinations in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand"Jageshwar Temple complex near Almora (32 kms) is one of the oldest and most revered Lord Shiva Temples in Kumaon region and considered one of the 12 Jyotirlinga Temples of Lord Shiva"
- Destinations for Holiday Travellers to Uttarakhand"Almora (6500+ ft asl) is a prime himalayan hamlet renowned for its Himalayan views (in Winter), heritage temples (Jageshwar) and Salubrious climate in Summer. Almora is typically visited for 2 nights."
- Himalayan Hamlets in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand"Just 68 kms from Nainital, Almora (6500+ ft asl) is surrounded by reserve forests and offers panoramic Himalayan views in Winter (Oct - March). Almora is a popular ex-Delhi getaway for off-beat travellers and one recommended for village walks and guests looking for a quiet time. During Summer Almora is a popular destination to arrive to being close to Jageshwar Temple (32 kms) and central to all other Hamlets in the area such as Ranikhet and Kausani."
- Destinations to visit Jyotirlinga Temples of Lord Shiva"Jageshwar temple complex near Almora (32 kms) in Uttarakhand is one of the major regional pilgrim centre and is considered as one of the Jyotirlinga Temples"
- Nearest Airport -Pantnagar (112 kms), Pithoragarh (120 kms), Bareily (190 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kathgodam (80 kms), Haldwani (92 kms), Rudrapur (117 kms)
- Almora is an Ex-Noida / Ex-Dehradun / Ex-New Delhi / Ex-Faridabad / Ex-Gurgaon / Ex-Agra / Ex-Lucknow / Ex-Kanpur Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Almora Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
6 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Almora
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
|Holiday (7 or more)||3|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Almora Extended Getaway (3 Nights)
- Almora - Bhimtal Break (5 Nights)
- Kumaon Pilgrimage (5 Nights)
- Best of Kumaon (7 Nights)
- Best of Kumaon for Honeymooners (7 Nights)
- Complete Kumaon Itinerary (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Almora has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day visit Kathgodam to Almora and back||Rs. 3334|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Kathgodam Railway Station and Hotel in Almora||Rs. 3334|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Almora. Click here for reviewing them.
- Almora / Binsar Getaway
- Prominent Lord Shiva Temples of Kumaon region in Uttarakhand
- Village Walks in Kumaon
- Kalmatia Sangam Experience
Festivals linked to Almora (Uttarakhand)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to