Akola is categorised as Business and Transit
Anand Sagar at Shegaon - Photo Courtesy Aparna Bhole
Reasons to Visit
- Akola is a stopover on the Mumbai - Nagpur route at 250 kms from Nagpur.
- Akola is best visited as a pilgrimage center as Shegaon, pilgrimage place of Gajanan Maharaj is just 45 km away from Akola.
- Gajanan Maharaj Sansthan is the biggest temple trust in the Vidarbha region and is called "Pandharpur of Vidarbha".
- Akola is home to "Raj Rajeshwar Temple" a Shiva temple with local significance.
- Narsingh Maharaj Mandir at Akot and Baladevi temple at Balapur both in Akola District are well visited temples near Akola.
- Akola is from where Mahurgarh Shakipeetha Temple can be approached (Its closer from Nanded)
- Destinations for Transit stay on the Mumbai - Nagpur highway"Akola lies at 550 kms from Mumbai and is generally preferred as a stopover for travellers on Mumbai - Nagpur route for an overnight stay."
- Nearest Airport -Jalgaon (184 kms), Nanded (214 kms), Nagpur (248 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Akola
- Akola is connected by Day train with Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad
- Akola is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin (Ernakulam), Bangalore
- Akola is connected by Overnight Bus with Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
There are no Holiday found for Akola
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to
No special features listing found for Akola