Wai Pilgrim Getaway
Photos Courtesy Rohit Gowalikar
Wai lies on the foothills of Panchgani – Mahabaleshwar while approaching form Pune. Wai is known as Dakshin Kashi or Kashi of the South for being home to a number of significant temples on the banks of the Krishan River.
Dholya Ganapati temple in Wai is renowned 18th Century temple that is well visited all round the year. Other areas where temples are located here include:
* Brahmanshahi ghat - Chakreshwar, Chimneshwar,Kaunteshwar/Harihareshwar and Kaleshwar.
* Govardhan Sanstha - Krishna Mandir.
* Brhmanshahi - Vitthal and Ganpati temples.
* Ramdoh ghat - Rameshwar temple, Ramkund and Chilavali Devi temple.
* Gangapuri ghat - Lord Shiva, Dwarka, Bahiroba, Dattatray Temple.
* Ganpati Aali - Ganpati temple and Kashi Vishveshvar temple.
* Dharma Puri - Lord Vishnu temple and Mahalaxmi temple.
Wai can be approached either from Pune or from Satara or visited enroute Panchgani / Mahabaleshwar.